Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC Pizza - can I hit 550?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PBC Pizza - can I hit 550?

I found a pizza dough recipe that I love and I want to give it a try in the PBC. I usually put it in the oven at 550...any tips on getting the PBC as hot as possible? Think I can hit 550?

With B & B, possibly. I've gotten 450-ish for chicken.

Comment

With a full basket and a lit chimney, the coals really burn hot with the lid and rebars off. Not sure how that would translate to a pizza and the heat on top of the grate though. I'd likely not try to cook a pizza in the PBC unless you are going for a grilled pizza style

Comment

It doesn't seem like the best tool for the job.

Comment

There's one way to find out. Just do it, as the commercial says. Maybe try some lump too and crack the lid if the temps aren't getting up to where you want them.

Comment

My concern would be to get the temp up that high, then have to reach down into the barrel to grate level to get it out!

Comment

• Sam6687
              Sam6687 commented
              Editing a comment
              this would be my concern as well.

• fzxdoc
              fzxdoc commented
              Editing a comment
              Good thinking. Have to wear a great pair of kevlar gloves with lower arm protection.

Kathryn

I've cooked pizza a time or two on my PBC, it's great at many things but pizza is not one of them.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here