Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hanging a large brisket on pbc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSR_BBQ
    commented on 's reply
    When I cook a brisket, I carefully arrange the charcoal briquettes one at a time to get as much fuel in the basket as possible. Standing the charcoal on its edges, I'm able to get two full layers. By arranging the briquettes this way, you can get more in the basket than if you just pour them in.

I've been able to do 12+ hour cooks at 225 without refueling. A Fireboard was used to control the temperature.

• crazytown3
    commented on 's reply
    I vote for this one.

• Polarbear777
    replied
    Trim 4-6 inches off the flat end and grind it for the best hamburgers, which you can cook and eat for lunch while the brisket chugs on for dinner later.

Leave a comment:

• Greygoose
    replied
    I have smoked a couple of 15# before trim briskets and put the hooks a lil lower on the brisket
    I did have a problem with the briquettes snuffing out around 7 hrs. Just have to aware of that .
    I was using KBB.
    I yanked it out and refueled

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    That’s what I was thinkin. Wonderin how long is that hunk.

• cashelton
    replied
    I put the hooks a little lower, so it bends a little at the hook.

Leave a comment:

• Razor
    commented on 's reply
    Oh and using some wood underneath reduces the tendency of having liquids pool on top, killing your bark.

• Razor
    replied
    Don’t know the PBC that well, I thought they are the same diameter as my 18.5” WSM. I panicked the first time I brought home a chunk of meat that appeared too big and the solution was simple. I think it was Huskee here pointed me to a simple solution; I put a chunk or two of wood in the middle underneath it to lift it some and created an inverted U shape. In fact I have one in there right now as I type.

It doesn’t solve your ‘want’ to hang it, but it give you a way to cook it. They come out fine using either method. And if it makes you feel ‘wrong’ resorting to cooking a brisket WSM style, let it be known I cook my ribs PBC style using a Hunsaker hanger system.

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    replied
    I’m having a hard time visualizing yer predicament.

Leave a comment:

• Peej
    started a topic Hanging a large brisket on pbc

Hanging a large brisket on pbc

Anyone have a solution for a large/long brisket that touches the coals when hung on the pbc? Full packer at about 15 lbs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here