Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PB timing when starting frozen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well following up on this subject....
    I started two pre-brined, rubbed and frozen PB's last night ( A 3.7 and 4.9) at 11:50 PM. I was hoping to have these ready for pulling for a 1 pm BBQ today. It seems a was a little ambitious with my start time as the smaller PB is reading 198 IT and my larger PB reading 180 IT already. I guess this would be the first PB cook where my PBC is operating in the proper temperature ranges as my last cook took 11 hrs for approximately the same sized PB's (not frozen).

I will have to pull the smaller PB off soon and I dont think the 4.9 lber will be far behind. It being approximately 7 am now, I am going to have to hold these PB's over for approximately 5-6 hrs until BBQ time. Any great ideas on how I can keep these in good shape until then? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6761.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	85013

Comment

Well so far I've pulled the small PB off when it hit 203 and put in the faux cambro. I also foiled rebar holes to slow the pit temp down and subsequent IT of the larger PB. The larger PB is holding around 189 degrees.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here