Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not a very good cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a very good cook

Got started a little late but decided to go ahead and cook a roast and a chicken. Decided to just start a 1/2 to 3/4 of a chimney of coals since it would be a short cook. About 2 hours in I pulled the roast at 140......the coals burned down before the chicken breast finished. Ended up throwing the chicken in the oven to finish. Never could get the temperature to behave.

The roast had a great crust, but really wasn't very good. May have not been the right way to cook it.....at 140 was still way more rare than I was used to.

I guess I learned some things though.....use more coals, follow the directions, don't start late, buy better meat and go light on the BBBR.....the pepper will light you up.

Use 1 tablespoon white pepper instead of the black pepper, if that is what got strong.

Comment

• TheBigLebowski
      TheBigLebowski commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. Maybe I just over "rubbed" it.

You definitely don't want to over-rub your meat.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
      You definitely don't want to over-rub your meat.
      make sure you oil your meat first before you rub it. you will know when it's been rubbed enough and limit the overrub.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here