Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brontosaurus ribs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brontosaurus ribs...

My wife tried to get some baby backs from Walmart pickup. They substituted spare ribs... Those things are HUGE. Cut one in half and rubbed it down and put it on the PBC. Four hours later, bliss...
    Attached Files

The most economical rib off the hog. You can cut them down to SLC's but I like cooking the whole thing and slicing afterwards.

Comment

That's a great cart for your PBC. I'm definitely going to duplicate it. Nice ribs too.

Comment

• OmegaDog12
        OmegaDog12 commented
        Editing a comment
        I totally agree with TheQuietOne on the ribs and the PBC cart. Would you kindly post pics of your PBC cart and any plans? Thanks much!
        The OmegaDog

Nice cook and cart!

Comment

There’s a thread in AR about the Harbor Freight carts already. I seem to recall it wasn’t too expensive. All you have to do is cut a hole in the top shelf. Nothing too difficult.

Comment

Those look great!

Comment

So like me the spare ribs. If I can't get the Spare Ribs the St. Louis style is great all trimmed and uniform but uncut you get some huge spare ribs that really make for a great night of ribs. Plus the trimmings are good for throwing in with the bones for bone broth. If you have leftovers...works great pulled off the bone over cheesy grits or polenta.

Comment

Looks like ya had a Great rib cook, nice job!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here