Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About to join the PBC club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About to join the PBC club

Should be ready for store pickup Friday

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-04-22 184704.png
Views:	286
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	836185

I had been looking at it for a while, and my wife finally told me to get it.

Comment

Congrats on yer new cooker, from all I can gather, yer gonna greatly enjoy th foods ya can make on it!
      Couldn't be at a better site on Earth to git some real experience, tips, tricks, an techniques, regardin PBC's, neither!

Lookin forward to yer adventures!

Comment

Congrats, you won’t be disappointed. Make spare ribs first to validate your wife’s urging.

Comment

Congrats ... great choice!

Comment

Great cooker, you’ll really enjoy the product. Their video recipes are a great start, if you need help getting acclimated to barrel cooking.

Comment

👍👍👍👍

Comment

Have fun with your new PBC.

Comment

Have fun, I am sure you will love it. i have had mine for about 2 years now.

Comment

Congrats! Be sure to check out the PBC channel for lots of good info! PBC, PBC, pbc…………

Comment

• FireMan
                      FireMan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      So yer the one that does the subliminal not so subliminal messaging on the "cooker".

Have fun with it! I really turns out some good food!

Comment

You cannot go wrong. But you can upgrade. For the simple, just get it rolling and let it do it's thing. One thing I did after several years of using my PBC when temps became unruly was to add a gasket to the lid: Lavalock 7/8" x 15' which is way more than you'll ever need, so feel free to share ;-) and you can find it on Amazon, it's not expensive and was suggested by others on this forum . It sealed the leaks that metals that inevitably do happen because of simple physics. That's just the way metal works and it's not the fault of manufacturing, PBC is a high quality good. If I were to buy another brand new PBC today I would fit this gasket on the lid before first use. Otherwise you'll have to clean the groove on the lid, which for me, after several years of use, was not a small task, but not terribly difficult.
                      Last edited by PodunkFarm; April 23, 2020, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Congrats and welcome from SC!

Comment

Congratulations! I've had mine for quite a few years and it's still running fine. One thing I can tell you - try to use low-ash charcoal. The charcoal basket sits pretty close to the bottom of the barrel and the ash build-up snuffs out the fire occasionally. I can't use Kingsford for that reason and use B and B in the PBC. I have never tried lump in it. Cooks great though.

Comment

• Greygoose
                            Greygoose commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I have the same problem using Kingsford on a cook longer than say 5 hrs

Just got mine couple weeks ago made rib first first time I ever made ribs ever made the pbc made me feel like a pro they were awesome

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here