Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trifecta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trifecta

Click image for larger version

Name:	Trifecta.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	83462

I just loaded up the Pit and realized that I have a "Trifecta" going on here. Baby Back Ribs, Split Chicken Breasts (skin on and bone in for the wifey) and a Chuckie! Yes, the chicken is BARE, the wife likes it that way so she can doctor it up any way she wants later on.

As you may be able to see my modified grate. I did encounter a little problem with it today once I put on that big chuck steak that's about 4 lbs. The grate wants to tip over because of all the weight on the one side. I was able to weigh down the other side for balance but it's something to keep in mind.
    Attached Files

Looks good, and yeah you have to keep the tabs in just the right spot to keep from dumping.

Comment

That is a well seasoned PBC.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
        That is a well seasoned PBC.
        Yep! Thanks for noticing! It's been used almost every weekend since it was purchased.

Comment

• smarkley
          smarkley commented
          Editing a comment
          heh heh... good job!

Mine is getting that way too... kinda hard to get the lid off when it is cool

Ribs were FANTASTIC, chicken is cooling for the wife to have later in the week and the chuckie is wrapped up and in the cooler. I got a little sidetracked and didn't pull it until it hit 214. We'll see how it comes out after spending a couple of hours in the cooler.

Comment

SRA chuckies are great going a tad higher than a pork butt. Only delicifies them more!

Comment

Wow what a pretty picture, SRA . I take some time to stabilize my Great Grate before adding the meat. As I recall, if the tab is at the center of the bar segments, it's pretty solid.

You're makin' me hungry.

Kathryn

Comment

Everything came out great! The ribs were out of this world. Maybe the best I've ever made. The wifey loves the chicken and the chuckie shredded nicely. My son and I had what I coined as "Chuckie Cheese's" last night for dinner. Basically a hamburger bun topped with the shredded beef, melted provolone and Famous Dave's Spicy pickle slices. Wonderful! I brought out the BBQ sauce but as usual there was no need for it. My poor BBQ sauce is starting to feel neglected!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here