Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to smoking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    +1

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    I do say that, don't I ???

Perhaps a character flaw, a social whatchyacallit, one them 'Foe Paws' thingies.), mebbe?

I jus might haveta work on not doin that....

Or. Not.
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; April 16, 2020, 10:10 PM.

• hogdog6
    replied
    Mmmmmmmm Rrrribs! Great looking cook!

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    replied
    Greta looking ribs! Now I’m hungry!

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Beautimous lookin ribs, Fine Job, there!

Leave a comment:

• Alabama Smoke
    replied
    Bet they do, I can taste them from here.!

Leave a comment:

• Pcobb2205
    replied
    Pulled at like 3 hours man these things were good
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Alabama Smoke
    replied
    Ok, late to the post, but looks like you are doing great! I see you burned the end of the rack nearest the fire which does sometimes happen. If so long they are in the fire, just go ahead and cut the rack in half and hang each side separately. No problem you will love the food, I promise. Here is (I hope!) a pic from a recent post I did where I cut the rack in half and double hooked. Note also that I placed the hooks as well as my temp probe before I placed them in the barrel. That way you can do a better job of getting things in order. You have a great cooker. Enjoy it!!

Leave a comment:

• Pcobb2205
    replied
    2 hours in no hiccups I think cooking to fast I was stubborn and didn’t put bricks on lid to make sure seal at first but got them on. But overall everything going smooth smelling good and thinking they look good
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pcobb2205; April 16, 2020, 02:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    replied
    Pcobb2205 I found a picture on the Internet of some double hooked ribs the way I am talking about:

Click image for larger version

Name:	0n03rbykb856.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	832773

Leave a comment:

• barelfly
    replied
    Welcome, from the Land of Enchantment!

Leave a comment:

• Pcobb2205
    replied
    jfmorris thanks bud what you say makes sense. Would have sucked to double hook and still drop them but cooking them in just a bit thanks for all the reply’s again

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    replied
    Originally posted by Pcobb2205 View Post
    Thanks for all the reply’s very welcoming guys. So got a question really don’t want to drop my first cook I’m the coals. I’m going to double hook but should I just do them side by side or what. Only thing I’m worried about is them falling off
    I think I see what you are asking. No - double hooking does not mean to put the hooks side by side - if the ribs get tender and tear, those hooks would be at the same level. You hook one hook into the meat from one side, then hook the top of the next hook onto the bottom of that one, and then through the meat down lower. The hooks are daisy chained and hang off each other.

Someone with a PBC needs to post a picture for him of how to double hook ribs. Paging fzxdoc

Leave a comment:

• Skip
    replied
    Welcome from Minnesota. Have fun with your PBC----lots of good information and ideas on this wonderful site.

Leave a comment:

• HawkerXP
    commented on 's reply
    Double hook is the way to go.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here