Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pit Barrel Double-Cross!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pit Barrel Double-Cross!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0466.jpg
Views:	586
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	828527Here's 12 racks of baby backs on my Pit Barrel, courtesy of a couple of lengths of rebar cut from stock purchased for a couple dollars at my local hardware store. A low-cost, high output mod! Just make sure you hang in the center before of the top bars before you hang on the cantilevered portions or you'll be reaching in a hurry for your heavy leather gloves! Inventory managers would say 'first on, last off."

That's an easy and ingenious hack for the PBC!

Comment

Great idea, got her loaded up!!!

Comment

You can never have to many wibs! How lond did these take?

Comment

I find it takes no longer to cook no matter how much meat I put in there. I was surprised these ribs took only about 3 hours to get to about 220 F (a little overcooked, I know!) and temperature control stayed very stable at about 260 F. I've also done two large spatch-cocked turkeys without it taking any longer than smoking only one.

Comment

Brilliant!

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

you coulda just hung that wagon wheel over the top!......but, nice job anyway!

Comment

Genius! I'm going to have to try that!

Comment

On my way,,,,,,what’s the address ?

Comment

Thats is terrific!!

Comment

Great idea. Seems like you could twist some wire around the rebars to keep the upper two in place, allowing you to take any rack out at any time without worrying about tipping.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                          Mr. Bones commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yup, jus like tyin rebarb fer concrete pours.
                          Pro Tip: tuck them wire ends away, underneath/against th bar, or ya WILL be gittin blood on yer food.
                          Jus sayin.

• RustyHaines
                          RustyHaines commented
                          Editing a comment
                          True that Mr. Bones. I remember that well from my youthful concrete pouring days ! Those wire ends are sharp as shark's teeth.

WIB paradise! 12 wacks? You are the member of the month ................so far.

Comment

Great idea. I love seeing the PBC loaded up. Sometimes I put the bar from the turkey hanger across the rebars to add one more place for hanging an additional piece of meat, or even for centering one single rib rack in the barrel.

Kathryn

Comment

• Driverdan
                            Driverdan commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I bought extra hooks, and have cooked 12 racks on the 2 original rebars

• FireMan
                            FireMan commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Oooooh! A centered Wib Wack! Wow!

Five is the most I’ve done in my 18” WSM with the Hunsaker hanger. I love the versatility hanging gives you for stuff like Ribs. Looking forward to the day when I can have a party large enough for a cook like this.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here