Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st load in PCB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st load in PCB

Hello all, just got a PCB and running the first load of KC Ribs today, basically after reading this entire thread I decided to follow Noah's direction this time. I do not have an internal thermometer but have a Maverick ET 732 en route from Amazon. I tried to find a short Webber chimney starter, but it seem the world is out. I have joined the Pitmaster club as it is a great value for the information received. I'll post will pictures of the finished product if I can. Thanks for all the great information you all post.

Update: here are the pictures, while the family love them, I was not happy, due to mistakes made. From the research I determined , not having a thermometer yet, and being at sea level the cook would take 2 hrs. I checked and they were almost done at 1 1/2hrs. so I sauced one and went another 20 min. Good but a bit tough. The chicken I cooked 1hr 15 min and took out at 155 deg and it was perfect. I now have a Maverick and wil use it to control the cook next time, Thanks for the advice .

Attached Files
    Last edited by JohnF; May 17, 2015, 01:52 PM.

JohnF Check hardware stroes for the chimneys, they usually have them. Welcome to the pit my friend. Lots of PBC clowns around here so don't hesitate to ask for tips and pointers. It helped me enormously when I got mine.

Comment

• JohnF
      JohnF commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, I'll check the hardware stores.

Welcome, made all good choices so far. I get almost everything from Home Depot or Lowe's because we don't have anything else.

Comment

Try Amazon for the compact chimney. It takes 40 briquettes.

Comment

About the best price I found for the compact chimney.......
        Get your charcoal glowing and ready to go in minutes with the Weber Compact Rapidfire Chimney Starter at The Home Depot

Comment

• JohnF
          JohnF commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank You!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here