Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A PBC score!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A PBC score!

I have been thinking about adding a PBC for quite some time. I found a seller on Facebook marketplace who was selling an almost brand new PBC with the ash catcher for $200. Given that the price is now $350, I had to pull the trigger. I’m stoked!
    Attached Files

Good deal! Cooks differently than many other cookers but if you let it do its thing, you will be pleased.

Comment

Help me out... what does it do? Is it a grill? A smoker? Both?

Comment

• au4stree
        au4stree commented
        Editing a comment
        It does it all. Before I pulled the trigger, I watched a ton of videos on their website and YouTube. My favorite on there is brisket and chicken. For a while we had it the hunting camp, so steaks, burgers and venison were regulars on there. It cooks those just fine. Great cooker and great value.

Dakmark It can do both, but smoking is the heart of the matter.

Comment

Most excellent! I love mine. There is a little bit of a learning curve to it, but it is very shallow. My best three tips:
        • You may have a bit of a lid leak until the lid gunks up. Something heavy (I used two bricks, wrapped in shop towels) to hold the lid down and it worked great.
        • Occasionally, it may just get hotter than you'd like. Plug the holes around the rebar with thin strips of aluminum foil. I rarely have to do more than two holes. Give the PBC a few minutes to adjust.
        • Minimize the time you keep the lid off. It can get really hot really fast.
        Bonus tip: Double hook (one hook into another) your ribs!

Comment

Yes! Nice pick up!

Comment

Great deal for you! Have fun with it.

Comment

Nice. you really enjoy it.

Comment

Awesome deal! Beautiful pit barrel to boot!

Comment

Score!

Comment

I bought 4 magnets big enough to plug the rebar holes so you can really play with temps if that is your thing. Otherwise just hang and enjoy!!! Best chicken cooker in my opinion. I hope you like it. Mine is 5 years old and running strong.

Comment

• Huskee
                      Huskee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Agree, chicken in that thing is outstanding.

• Alabama Smoke
                      Alabama Smoke commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Where did you buy the magnets? What size, brand description, etc. please?

• rgriffeath
                      rgriffeath commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I would also be interested

Congrats on the PBC! I check a couple times a week on FB marketplace and the local Craigslist, and only once in the past several years have I found a PBC on sale anywhere nearby, and it was already sold when I reached out an hour after the listing was placed. The only WSM cookers I see listed, and those are almost as rare, are for darn near what I would pay for a new one, so I keep looking.

Comment

• M249saw
                      M249saw commented
                      Editing a comment
                      jfmorris if you had to choose one which would you pick? The WSM or the PBC. I’ve been searching marketplace as well but I can’t decide which one I’d rather have. Somehow I feel I’ll end up with both. Appreciate your opinion.

• jfmorris
                      jfmorris commented
                      Editing a comment
                      M249saw right now, I personally would go with the WSM 22” - I don’t think I would be happy with the 18” or 14” grates on the smaller WSM. This is mostly because I need capacity for lots of ribs and butts for occasional big parties. I also think the WSM will have a more traditional smoked flavor if you use the water pan, or the grilled/smoke-fog flavor of the PBC if you get a hanging kit. The WSM just seems a little more flexible. There is a place for both cookers and I wish I could have both!

Sweet find. Just remember PB "C" stands for cooker not smoker. Don't try to over control it or over think it. As long as the lid seals and you light it properly you'll have some fantastic meals come off of that baby.

Comment

• Huskee
                      Huskee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Great tip!

You've got some great eats ahead of you with that PBC. Enjoy using it.

Kathryn

Comment

I bought the magnets at home Depot. I do not recall the brand but they are half dollar size and they were in a single package together.

Comment

• Alabama Smoke
                        Alabama Smoke commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks! I may try them.

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here