Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Must Resist Intense Gravitational Pull! Black Hole?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must Resist Intense Gravitational Pull! Black Hole?

So my favorite local hardware store switched from True Value to Ace. I swung by to pick up some lawn care items and saw this! They are already a Weber, Kamado Joe and Traeger dealer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	E5678C77-90C7-4D01-B07C-B361A743F4A3.jpeg
Views:	355
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	809020
    They also had some other new items so I picked up some Blues Hog!

Click image for larger version

Name:	D8BFDBA5-A74E-4C54-B17A-81EE56E156CB.jpeg
Views:	331
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	809021

I am also liking my Ace down at the lake!

Comment

I miss my local Ace! It used to be 1 mile from my house. Lowe's and Home Depot put it out of business. Now, there MIGHT be one 50 miles away in a more rural area...

Comment

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have 5 of them in the general area, but the closest one is about a 20 min drive away. I also picked up a jar of Blues Hog recently. They only had the Smokey Mountain, so I got one of them. I've never had Blues Hog before.

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        Dewesq55 I like the Blues Hog as a glaze on my ribs, and use the Blues Hog Tennessee Red on my pulled pork. I buy it once or twice a year in gallon jugs when the Kansas City BBQ Store has a free shipping special, usually around Memorial Day or Black Friday.

• Beefchop
        Beefchop commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here. I used to love going to the local ACE hardware store. I was pleasantly surprised to find that there are still a few in Lafayette when I moved here about 5 years ago.
        Last edited by Beefchop; February 28, 2020, 09:08 AM.

I have an Ace about 5 blocks away whick makes picking up charcoal and refilling propane very convenient.

Comment

I've got 3 ace hardwares and a true value within 10 minutes and all of them have really stepped their game up over the last 2 years. Grills, smokers, accessories, all kinds of charcoal and seasonings. I'm digging this trend

Comment

• fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          Same thing has happened at my semi-local Ace Hardware. The BBQ real estate in the store has increased over the past 2 years. They carry rubs and sauces that I would have to order online before. So now I have another good place for BBQ-related cruising through.

Kathryn

Everything at my local Ace is outrageously marked up......Gone in there a couple times and always left to go somewhere else.

Comment

I forgot to add that all of my local Ace stores carry a larger variety of smoking wood, Including post oak chunks which I can't get elsewhere by me. It's also where I got the expanded metal for my new cooking grates. They are there only place around that has the 13 ga. HD and Lowe's only have the thin stuff by me.

Comment

Have an ACE here in town. Purchased both the Genisis and Kettle from them. Assembled and delivered no charge. They're also a UPS dropoff, so when I'm retuning something my wife bought on AMAZON and changed her mind, easy return.
            I try to support local business as much as possible.

Comment

Nothing can resist a black hole, especially once you hit the event horizon. Once you are in the store, you have crossed that line!

Comment

• texastweeter
                texastweeter commented
                Editing a comment
                jeez, nobody watches star trek?

• ScottyC13
                ScottyC13 commented
                Editing a comment
                I know that PBC will get my attention every time I walk into that store!

Cool! I have an ACE about 10mins away but for me it's usually pool and lawncare supplies

Comment

We have a few around here. Its the only place i can find weber charcoal.

Comment

Cool... two Aces near the place we're buying.

Comment

• GBA
                    GBA commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Moving to Wisconsin?

• Potkettleblack
                    Potkettleblack commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Suburban Chicago.

Yep, I hear the pbc pbc pbc whispers everytime I dive by. There are a couple Ace stores near me.

Comment

• HawkerXP
                    HawkerXP commented
                    Editing a comment
                    …, …, ...

• klflowers
                    klflowers commented
                    Editing a comment
                    HawkerXP, I went in an Ace a couple of weeks ago to get some Blues Hog sauce, and I swear the pbc whispered "come here, son, HawkerXP told me to talk to you" lol

My dad bought the first generation Weber Genesis at the local Ace Hardware back in 1985 I think, around the time they came out. It had a redwood side table, red porcelain finish, and he used it for 20 years before replacing it. Me? I would have kept it going longer, but I didn't know he threw it out!

Comment

• ScottyC13
                    ScottyC13 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ace is great that way. I’ve bought a Spirit and Genesis assembled and delivered from them in two different places. And they took the old crappy grill to boot.

I have had to resist the PBC at my local Ace a few times as well. And I picked up some of the Blues Hog Original the last time I was in Ace. Very, very sweet. It is great for something like pork belly burnt ends where you almost want sickeningly sweet. Great flavor and I know some people cut it with some other sauce to temper the sweetness a bit.

Comment

• JoeSousa
                    JoeSousa commented
                    Editing a comment
                    jfmorris That will be the next one I try.

• jfmorris
                    jfmorris commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You may want to try the Tennessee Red too - its very good, but thinner and spicier. I've not tried it on ribs, but on pulled pork mostly. My son in law says the original Blues Hog is like pancake syrup, and he's about right!

• Potkettleblack
                    Potkettleblack commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Original is too thick for pancake syrup, but I think it'd make a great ice cream topping.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here