Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duck in a PBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duck in a PBC

Did a Duck myself after watching Noahs video. After 3 1/2 I had temps of 155 to 165 . Removed it then covered for 10. My son gave me many spices for xmas so the rub was made from the internet for duck breasts.One ingredient missing from my stock was Chinese 5 spice but it was 1 teaspoon so left it out.The flavor and smoke ring were delicious but more fat rendering from the skin would have made it perfect.Who doesn't love crispy skin? My starting temp was 380 then three hours later 190. Next time I will put it in 10 minutes after dumping starter coals and see if my temp. starts lower and cook it longer to make the skin better. The duck was frozen a hour before starting and soaked in water in the package then microwave defrosted to catch up wirh my coals. I also stabbed holes after 1 1/2 hours in. Only one picture because I attacked it Lol. Will definitely do this again. Any tips are appreciated from the forum,thanks Hank
    Attached Files

Best way to get a duck's skin crisp it to A) pour boiling water over it and then B) let it sit uncovered in your fridge over night to air dry. You'll have crackling crisp skin and perfect fat rendering.

Comment

Thanks Ill do it next Duck

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here