Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6lb choice eye of round cooking help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mikes brisket
    replied
    The roast is on, cooking it Baltimore style as suggested. Trimmed and salted and let sit in fridge overnight. Coated with Mrs Olearys cow crust 4 hours prior to hanging on the PBC. Temp on PBC was 290 and meat was 36 at start.

Leave a comment:

• Mikes brisket
    replied
    Thanks, sounds like a winner.

Leave a comment:

• ecowper
    replied
    Do it Baltimore pit beef style. Cook indirect at 225 until it is 115 or so, then put it over direct, high heat and sear the outside. Rub it with Mrs. O'Leary's Cow Crust, or something similar. Then slice it thin for samiches!

Meathead has a recipe for this style, but it is pretty straightfoward. My family loves it for roast beef samiches.

Leave a comment:

• Mikes brisket
    started a topic 6lb choice eye of round cooking help.

6lb choice eye of round cooking help.

Uninvited family showed up to spend the night and hang out tomorrow bringing the above meat to cook. They also have a jug of tequila so they are more then welcome, but I need some inspiration for the cook. I've never cooked eye of round before and my wife has been bragging on me like I'm Bobby Flay.
    I have a BGE and a PBC.
    At suggestions would be appreciated.
    Cheers,

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here