Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frozen 2 lb 2 oz chuck roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frozen 2 lb 2 oz chuck roast

Twas dry brined for 2 days, BBBR'd, then vacuum packed and chunked in the freezer.

Got my Lo/Hi set for 220/275 on the Maverick.

Bad storm blew through just after midnight and knocked out the power. Pit Barrel is well inside the back porch. Storm blew in from the opposite side of the house, and still accumulated water on the lid. Piece of a small branch from an oak tree was next to the pit. Nearest tree is across the road 100+ yards away.

I have three bricks holding my extra grate a little farther from the coals. Except for chicken wings, I prefer to get the meat a little farther from the heat when cooking exclusively on the grate.
    Last edited by Jerod Broussard; April 19, 2015, 02:51 AM.

4 hours 40 minutes. Will have pics when I pull later. 260-264 pit temp. Last 45 minutes it got just over 300. I pulled some magnets and went back to bed, the pit "woke up." hahahaha

Comment

Did you thaw this first or throw it on frozen?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        Straight from the freezer.

• Dr ROK
        Dr ROK commented
        Editing a comment
        Have you tried doing that with pork (butt roasts or shoulder)?

Was a blustery day here too yesterday, although not stormy.

Waiting for pulled chuck pics.....

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        Bout 2 leave church.

C'est si bon!!! Unwrapped the whole cook. Put in foil to rest. Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010187.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	78551 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010188.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	78552 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010190.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	78553 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010192.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	78554

Comment

Love great chuck cooks!

Comment

Looks pretty JB

Comment

WOW

ABSOLUTELY NEAUTIFUL! ENJOY!!

Comment

That looks amazing! Incredible smoke ring.

Comment

Pic #2 made me drool the most.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here