Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PBC cart

60$ for this cart, cut a hole, start cooking. Im about to run to harbor freight to pick up a cart!
    Attached Files

WOW I'm a harbor freight addict. Now I'm looking at my cookers and looking at their carts with a serious mission in mind.

Comment

• tenphases
      tenphases commented
      Editing a comment
      I have gone down the rabbit hole, i went there with my tape measure lol

• JGo37
      JGo37 commented
      Editing a comment
      tenphases LoL they are definitely used to me asking for theirs....

Click image for larger version

Name:	E93A164F-6035-4378-ABB2-DED0D491557F.jpeg
Views:	2727
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	759407 Looks great. Here is another version from a friend in the Savannah area.

Comment

• tenphases
      tenphases commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice!! Inspiration

I LIKE it !!!

Comment

When you say "cut a hole in it", what exactly did you cut - the top? What mods are actually needed? It looks great and I need a cart. Just wondering what’s involved...

Comment

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        You will need to cut a hole in the top shelf to accommodate the PBC.

• tenphases
        tenphases commented
        Editing a comment
        You also have to remove the top shelf then place the pbc in it. Then you reinstall the top shelf over it(so the handles will fit). You can use a grinder or some edging on the hole, but thats really all there is to it. Im not very handy but you dont need a top notch skill set for this mod, go for it!

Dangit... I hate these forums. You guys cost me too much money.

Comment

Nice looking set up.
        My only question is should there be some kind insulating material between the PBC and the lower cart shelf

Comment

• tenphases
          tenphases commented
          Editing a comment
          The pbc is still on its stand, i had no problems with the cart heating up so far. Ive inly done 2 cooks though

Well the PBC is still sitting on its legs and the lower shelf is metal, admittedly painted but metal.

A person could certainly cover the lower shelf with concrete blocks or brick, just to be on the safe side.

Comment

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          OK, I've never seen a PBC in person, did not know they had legs....
          Problem solved.

Can't tell in either pic, but do the handles have to be removed? I can also see it being a pain to lift out to dump ash. Even with an ash pan, ash eventually will build up.

Comment

• Bob's BBQ
          Bob's BBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          I have an old craftsman shopvac used exclusively for cleaning out ashes. I let her burn out then vacuum - works great!

• tenphases
          tenphases commented
          Editing a comment
          I always foil the bottom and i have a shop vac. Lifting it out would be a pain.

So, I finally broke down and did it. Stopped at Harbor Freight yesterday and bought the cart. Cut the hole in the top this morning (after lots a nuts and bolts assembly). Here’s a pic of the result. Still need to add accessories, but that’ll have to wait until Thanksgiving - smoking a turkey tomorrow. Thanks for the inspiration.

Btw - my PBC handles sit right above the top table - so that made it so much easier.
        Attached Files

Comment

That is so great! Just fantastic!

Comment

That absolutely turned out fantastic!!

Comment

That is sweet. Reminds me of my idea to use a Harbor freight wooden workbench for a kettle table.

Comment

Sweet. Thanks for this awesome post.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here