Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC Pork Belly Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by webwolff View Post
    Live and learn, right? 😊 I was going by other recipes, should’ve known better! Buying another pb slab and back at it! I’m guessing around 205?
    Yep, just like anything worth while in life, there is always trial and error.

I usually smoke them until they have the color I like. That is generally around 175 F or so. Remember, you dont have to get to probe tender on the initial smoke, that is where the braising comes in. Just smoke them until you get a good bark on the cubes, then add them to the braising liquid. Once you do that, check them every 1/2 hr or so. Generally, I pop the heat up to about 300 F or so, to get that braising going.

Sometimes, I will not ever go back to the grill after taking them out of the liquid. In fact, many times, I simply remove the foil over the braising pan and let the heat take of just the tops of the PBBEs. Then you get a nice crisp PBBE along with a soft core and bottom. (Kinda like what I used to look like a few years ago. )

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      LoL!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here