Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raising my PBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raising my PBC

I like my PBC to sit about 4” higher than it does normally. I had the stand it came with sitting on 3 landscaping bricks and it was perfect. The PBC was sitting on the ground/grass at the end of the patio.

We are getting our new deck this week 😊 and my better half has informed me the bricks do not move onto the deck with the PBC 😞.

I guess I do agree with her but I would still like it to sit about 4” higher.

Any suggestions or or ideas on how I can accomplish this would be greatly appreciated. I’d like the footprint to not exceed the footprint of the PBC and it’s gotta look "not dumpy" according to her.

I’m planning on building something like this soon, should accomplish your goals and keep the better half happy.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DF0D39EF-B2D2-4B7C-9B8F-8E8D882171CF.jpeg
Views:	181
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	752033
    Click image for larger version

Name:	CD4A98BB-A8A1-42A7-9DB4-CA026617D9D3.png
Views:	161
Size:	205.9 KB
ID:	752034

Comment

Build a frame from 2x4s and put one cross member inside the frame. Then get an attractive ceramic tile to sit on top of the frame. You could even stain the frame to match the deck if it is stained.

I just reread your post. Have the contractor make the frame from leftovers and stained if you are having the deck stained. I'd get the tile before the deck is started so that whoever builds the frame will know what size to make it. You can get tiles in various sizes from 8x8 to 18x18.

Comment

Originally posted by ssandy_561 View Post
        Any suggestions or or ideas on how I can accomplish this would be greatly appreciated. I’d like the footprint to not exceed the footprint of the PBC and it’s gotta look "not dumpy" according to her.
        If you weld, or know someone who does, it would be pretty easy to remake the original stand, just four inches higher.

Paint it with black BBQ paint. It would look great.

Although, the ideas already suggested are pretty nice.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here