Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pit Barrel Cooker vs. Smokenator/DigiQ DX2 combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ernest
    commented on 's reply
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA DWCowles

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply
    You'd better not, you got a firebox/grill - a smoke box - AND - a warming box, on wheels!!

• DWCowles
    replied
    No comment

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    It really is unfair that the PBC allows meat to sit over hot coals and drip juices for hours at a time.

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    replied
    Agree with Ernest, if you are sure you will never cook much then the kettle would be my pick, if there is a chance you will cook more than a pork butt or a couple racks of ribs then I would go PBC. That said I own both, but use the PBC 90% of the time.

And welcome aboard.

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    replied
    Welcome S&B! We're glad you're here. I've made great food on a kettle and a PBC. If I could only have one I'd pick the Kettle as it can smoke and sear. If I had room for two I'd own both. They make a great combination.

Leave a comment:

• Ernest
    replied
    Capacity - PBC
    easy of use - PBC
    Taste - Depends on the chef with edge to PBC
    Will there be difference in finished food? I believe that there's something about cooking by hanging. Plus the drippings hitting those hot coals it's NIGHT and DAY!!

WINNER - PBC

Leave a comment:

• Smoke and Beers
    started a topic Pit Barrel Cooker vs. Smokenator/DigiQ DX2 combo

Pit Barrel Cooker vs. Smokenator/DigiQ DX2 combo

First post in this great forum. I have a 22.5" Weber kettle with a Smokenator controlled by a DigiQ DX2/Pit Viper combo. Have seen the latest buzz about the Pit Barrel Cooker and I'm interested. To those of you who have used both of these setups, what differences in taste/texture have you noticed in your cooks? Which setup gives me the best chance at truly great BBQ? Will there really be much of a difference in the finished food?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here