Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something a little different on the PBC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something a little different on the PBC.

Big Easy Foods' "Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders Stuffed W/ Pork Boudin." Got some semi-local smoked pork sausage also.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010102.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	56029

That looks really good Jerod. What time did you say they would be ready?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      1 PM.....Abu Dhabi time....hahaha

Can't wait to see how THIS turns out.

Comment

Why does Bevis come to mind?

Comment

Nice, my kind of food

Comment

Pretty darn good. That sausage goes great in my Hoppin' John Jambalaya. Kids tore it up. Pit Barrel ran around 350 +/-.

I put the bacon wraps under the broiler to hurry up the crisping of the bacon, then sauced, and back in the Pit Barrel to thicken it some.

Pit Barrel sure does start out hot when using a lit chimney to start with.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010103.JPG
Views:	151
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	56110 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010104.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	56111 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010106.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	56112 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010109.JPG
Views:	155
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	56113

Comment

DROOOOOLLLLL! That's the type of cold smoked sausage I wish we could get here in western NE. And Boudin? Haven't had that in probably 30 years when my father in-law was still alive. Jealous!

Comment

I made the mistake of bringing some boudin from back home to work. People still ask for it.

Comment

Lookin good. What sauce did u use?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                  Editing a comment
                  I think it was KC Masterpiece. Almost empty bottle that was upside down in the fridge. I think have 3 more of those to go. *sigh*

Kids know sauce....and THAT IS IT.

That looks GOOD!

Comment

What Jon said!

Comment

That PBC is probably confused right about now. It's still waiting for brisket to come on

Comment

Nice cook Jerod. I'm heading to Don's specialty meats in Scott, La in the morning with two ice chest. It's good to be a Cajun lol.

Comment

• Deuce
                      Deuce commented
                      Editing a comment
                      My kin in that area are from Abbeville and Kaplan. I live in SW Laabout 25 miles from Texas. I've been to Don's and Best Stop, both in Scott. I like the cracklins better at Don's but both have great specialty meats.

• Jerod Broussard
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm from Gueydan and my brother lives in Abbeville. Were you in Cameron or Calcasieu parish? I worked for Calcasieu Parish Mosquito Control before moving to Texas.

• Deuce
                      Deuce commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm in Calcasieu Parish, in Sulphur.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here