Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PBC cover

How is the quality of the cover they offer for the PBC? I would like to get one, but don't want to have it fall apart after a season of sun exposure.

I've had mine for about four months and it seems to be going strong, full weather exposure. The one complaint I have is that it has elastic on the bottom, which makes for a snug fit but a little bit of shuffling to get on and off over the handles, unlike a grill cover you can just sort of toss on and yank off.

Comment

It seems to be OK, mine hasn't faded at all since August, and seems to be waterproof enough. Another full summer of UV exposure will tell the tale on how good the material is.

I'm not bothtered by the elastic bottom, and it has retained it's elasticity, and stayed on through some very big windstorms. I do make sure to remove the rebar rods and store them inside, they cause point stress on the cover and a potential wear-through point.
      Last edited by BruceB; January 24, 2015, 02:51 AM.

Comment

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        That's a very good procedure. Or just put the rods inside the PBC.

• BruceB
        BruceB commented
        Editing a comment
        That's what I meant, inside the PBC barrel.

I just got mine. Was pleasantly surprised at the quality. It's not the standard vinyl that seems to be found on most grill covers, that seem to only last one season on my grills here at a mile high. (Colorado)

This is the company that makes them.

http://www.the-cover-store.com/covermates-classic/ Classic Cover Collection Features:

• Commercial 12-Gauge Vinyl
      • Mesh Vent
      • 360 Degree Elastic Hem
      • Water Resistant
      • Double-Stitched Seams
      • Protects From Dust & Dirt
      • 2-Year Warranty

Comment

• BruceB
        BruceB commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you saying that your PBC cover has a vent somewhere?

No. Just copy and pasted from their site. Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Thank you all for the feedback!

Comment

Do you have to special order this? I don't see PBC as an option on their site?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr ROK View Post
            Do you have to special order this? I don't see PBC as an option on their site?
            Just click on Shop at the top of their page. That takes you here: http://pitbarrelcooker.com/shop
            Scroll down about half way to find the cover.

Comment

Good quality, better than most covers I have dealt with. Seems to work well on the rare occasions I remember to put it on.

Comment

My PBC cover is separating at the seam after only a few months. Not a weather issue as I store it in the garage and under the box it came in. Probably a result of how the seam was sown at the factory. I doubt everybody has this problem but I did.

Comment

• bep35
                  bep35 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ok, I wanted to follow up on this post. After submitting it I contacted PBC about the cover separating at the seam and Amber said they would send a replacement out right away. No questions asked. Now that is customer service! Thanks PBC!

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here