Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fireproofing the deck...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huskee
    replied
    Are you trying to show via pictures that the PBC literally burns circles around other cookers?

Leave a comment:

• Strat50
    commented on 's reply
    I use the same stuff, both for underneath the bbq, and for any windbreak(s) I may need. Works like a charm and can be finished and cut to suit.

• Deuce
    replied
    I use a hardie backer cement board I got from Lowes for $12. It's a half in thick 3 x 5 board . I cut it and use a 3 x 3 for my PBC and a 2 x 3 to light my charcoal on .

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply
    I guess the horseshoes got hot, sunk down, then came the ring and that hot barrel. Too bad you don't have a video lapse of that.

• Guy
    replied
    Wow, glad you have a brick house. Anything else would have gotten pretty hot. Too close to the house.

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    replied
    Check out the grill pad. It's on the right side of the page towards the bottom. http://amazingribs.com/BBQ_buyers_gu...cessories.html I have three. They work great.

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    I do use a lot of patio stone for this type stuff. A couple of bucks a piece and very durable:

http://www.homedepot.com/b/Outdoors-...s/N-5yc1vZbx4b

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply
    Wowzer...glad I cook on concrete.

• David Parrish
    replied
    You must have done something to let the temps get too hot. Or did lit charcoal somehow get out of the cooker? At the very least you should have a grill mat under the PBC. I'll find the page. Hold on.

Leave a comment:

• SmokinBee BBQ
    commented on 's reply
    Good idea

• SmokinBee BBQ
    commented on 's reply
    I used the stand

• SmokinBee BBQ
    commented on 's reply
    It was on the stand

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply
    "You can't have 2 number ones," "Yeh, then you'd have 11." If that was previews off the same show with I think Ricky Bobby.

• mtford72
    replied
    Deck, schmek. What did you cook?!

Obviously kidding. I have a shallow clay pot - the kind that holds water for a potted plant - under the PBC. It fits nicely under the stand and just costs a couple of $$.

Matt

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    commented on 's reply

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here