Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pit Barrel Price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pit Barrel Price

Looks like the price of the Pit Barrel has gone up slightly. It's now $299. I ordered mine at $289, and I heard that at one point it was $269. Anyone that is on the fence should get one before it goes up again.

Its a good deal at $289 (including S&H).

I could see Noah charging up to $350 - if he installed a good Tel-Tru thermometer on it.

Adding a $30 Tel-Tru with a 2" probe is the only mod I have made on my PBC.

Jerod's idea of adding the casters is one I am pretty sure I am going to pursue for sure.

$289 is a fair price; $269 would have been a steal!!

Comment

Thanks for pointing this out. I'll update our review.

Comment

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        Sidebar Ad as well. I'll fwd to MH.

I just want a lid that doesn't hold a half gallon of water. Good powder coating would help too.

Comment

I knew when I saw the article in Forbes about Noah and the PBC a price increase wasn't far behind. I got in at $289 but all my friends have paid $1200+ for their smokers, so I consider myself well ahead of the game. $299 is a fair price and I wouldn't be surprised to see it go higher. My $.02.

Comment

I think I paid $299 for mine, but this was a very early offering before the price dropped (and before AR had reviewed the PBC). Anything under $300 makes it competitive with the WSM. I think he could go up to the market rate for a 22.5" WSM (even though the barrel is smaller the hooks give you about the same capacity as the larger smokey mountain).

Comment

I paid $315 for mine only because I picked it up from a retailer. PBC folks had a 3 weeks backlog and my nerves wouldn't permit me to wait that long.

Comment

I hope they don't keep raising the price. Don't get me wrong, I love my PBC. I don't know that I would pay $300.00 for it. At that price or north there of, I would rather just make it myself.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here