Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A dirty Pit Barrel and a bacon wrapped backstrap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A dirty Pit Barrel and a bacon wrapped backstrap.

Stuff smells goooooooood. 3/4 chimney of Kingsford with both rebar out. Cooking very nicely. Darkening but not blackening.

Click image for larger version

Name:	backbb1.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	38122

Tried to get some of the barrel in this pic for any physics professors who don't cook enough on their Pit Barrels

Click image for larger version

Name:	backbb2.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	193.3 KB
ID:	38124

Comment

• Ernest
      Ernest commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahaha. That looks like mine

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahahaha. You're killin' me, Smalls.

Remember my entire PBC was (graciously) replaced by Noah and Amber when I found some rust on the edge of the lid after only two cooks. Of course I had to wait several weeks for the replacement, and I returned my well-used first PBC to them when the new one came in September.

Plus I like a clean cooker!

Kathryn

Looks like you are putting that PBC to the stress / fatigue test - lol. I am usually pretty anal about keeping things clean, but I am following the instructions on mine and just dumping ash and reloading. It appeals to my lazy side, but something seems wrong. The peeps at the PBC company haven't steered me wrong with their product, so I'll keep on not cleaning it. Something tells me I'll be breaking out the pressure washer on this joker at some point, but time will tell.

Comment

If I see enough flakes, I will rub my welding gloves across the sides to loosen them up, and let gravity do the rest. I use an ash pan so no ash all over in mine sticking to the sides. THAT is disgusting.

After my last brisket cook I had a sizable grease build up on the bottom. Had to soak it up with paper towels. If I can get most of it out, the heat from the next cook gets rid of the rest.

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Jerod,
        What do you use for an ash pan? I have been using tin foil but that is kind of a pain. What I would like to do is fab a small steel ash tray to set the coal basket in. I'd leave a notch in the side to accommodate the bottom damper. Just seeing if your just using foil or you had something else rigged up. Thanks.
        -JR

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        I have a 1/16" thick (think it is 1/16) steel round flat plate (no lip) that is the same diameter as the stand. I traced it on the outside edge to make a temporary plate, and it worked. Got some small cables to raise and lower it.

• mtford72
        mtford72 commented
        Editing a comment
        Spinaker - I use a pizza tray at the bottom. I put a post up about it somewhere, with a link to them on amazon. Its about $10. It will be in the pbc section. It makes life really easy.

I normally crank the heat up when I'm done cooking. That takes care of the cleaning

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here