Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to clean hooks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Otis
    replied
    I use green scotch brite pads

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    replied
    I toss them in the sink to soak right after I pull them from the meat. Then after we've eaten and we're cleaning up, they go in the dishwasher. They come out pretty clean, usually. Occasionally I have to get after them with an SOS pad.

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• SRA
    replied
    All good ideas! I was hoping someone would say something like, " I place them in the sink with some hot water and XXXXXX and in 30 minutes they are as clean as new....." (I was looking for a way that required no elbow grease...lazy me)

Leave a comment:

• W.A.
    replied
    Barkeeper's Friend

Leave a comment:

• Clarkgriswald
    replied
    Steel wool works for me. Cleans up real nice like.

Leave a comment:

• SRA
    replied
    Like a Brillo pad? That's an idea.

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    replied
    I was at the in-laws and my father in law washed my temp probes and hooks and handed them back looking out of the box brand new. For some reason he keeps steel wool at his sink, worked awesome.

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    I use those ball like wire brushes you use on dishes. Then hang 'em in the dishwasher.

Leave a comment:

• SRA
    started a topic Best way to clean hooks?

Best way to clean hooks?

Anyone got any easy ways to clean their "meat hooks" to look shiny new without having to scrub them with a scotchbright sponge after each cook?
    Last edited by SRA; November 29, 2014, 08:55 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here