Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rack of Pork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rack of Pork

Time for a new adventure! I picked up a rack of pork at the store today. Guess what's for dinner?!!? Anyone ever done one of these on the PBC?!!? I'm not even really sure how I'm going to hang it yet or what temp I should be shooting for or where I should take the temp. Ideas?

You have a whole rack spare ribs or what?? Bout to head to church if I don't report back for a few hours.

Comment

Jerod has a good question. Is it ribs? Crown Roast? Antlers? lol

Comment

It has rib bones and what looks like pork chops attached to it or a pork loin.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pork.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	4.3 KB
ID:	34108 Looks kinda like this

Comment

I have done these before, but only a a gas grill. I'm planning to do one on my PBC this holiday season. They are basically a rack of pork chops. They're big just like a prime rib and I think they should be hung and cooked just like a prime rib. Season as you would a pork but and pull when the internal temp reaches 125-130 F and then rest for maybe 20-30 minutes. That's how I would approach it. Any other ideas?

Comment

125F is going to be a little on the rosy red side I think you might want to look closer to 140. Just me

Comment

It's on the PBC. I wasn't really sure how to hang it. I couldn't hang like ribs because the meaty part is too thick so I went in from the two ends through the center of the meat and up and out with the bones hanging down.I placed the thermocouple through the center as well, trying to stay away from the hook as much as possible. I'm probably going to pull it sometime about 150-160 depending. Keeping fingers crossed. Click image for larger version

Name:	Rack.JPG
Views:	143
Size:	162.4 KB
ID:	34121

Comment

145 for best results. Looks like a crown roast or rib roast, check out this page about 1/3 of the way down.

Comment

145, got it. Thanks. BTW which page a third of the way down? Was there supposed to be a link?

Comment

• Huskee
                      Huskee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes, the words in my post above that say "this page" should be red, and it's a clickable link that takes you to the pork cuts page.

Here is the finished product. Came out even better that I thought. Pulled at 145. Super juicy!Click image for larger version

Name:	cooked rack.JPG
Views:	140
Size:	169.5 KB
ID:	34189

Comment

Originally posted by SRA View Post
                      Here is the finished product. Came out even better that I thought. Pulled at 145. Super juicy!
                      Woot woot! Nicely done.

Comment

Looks excellent!!

Comment

Oh Yea!! That is a winner for sure.

Comment

SRA, that looks wonderful. How much did it weigh? And how long did it take to reach 145 degrees?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here