Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC cookin' coming up - Pork butt, turkey , maybe lamb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Parrish
    replied
    Originally posted by BruceB View Post

Then we have our daughter and husband here on Saturday for lamb shanks, so I'm wondering is they might benefit from a little smoke, maybe sharing time with the turkey on Thursday, before going into the braising pot early Saturday. Thoughts?
    Interesting use of a pronoun here. I hope we're talking about cooking the lamb... lol

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    replied
    Can't speak to the lamb, but make sure you take the pork off the hooks before work or it may end up tasting like coals. I would spatchcock the turkey and season up and as long as you get the internal temp it will be great.

Leave a comment:

• BruceB
    started a topic PBC cookin' coming up - Pork butt, turkey , maybe lamb

PBC cookin' coming up - Pork butt, turkey , maybe lamb

It's been a few weeks since I've had the PBC fired up, real life has been getting in the way.

I committed to bringing pulled pork for my work team lunch on Tuesday, so I'll be starting on the prep for that tomorrow, the 11 pound bone-in butt has been thawing in the fridge since Wednesday. Due to the timing, this looks like it will have to go into the PBC before midnight the night before to allow enough time to leave the house with it around 11:30 AM. This will be my first un-attended cook, but I have confidence in the PBC, and a new ET-732 to help monitor the cook.

My wife decided that she wanted a smoked turkey for T-day, so I'm madly reading all the threads on turkey in the PBC to catch up. Obviously no time for practice, so I will just forge ahead!

Then we have our daughter and husband here on Saturday for lamb shanks, so I'm wondering is they might benefit from a little smoke, maybe sharing time with the turkey on Thursday, before going into the braising pot early Saturday. Thoughts?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here