Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Combined 2 of my favorite things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Combined 2 of my favorite things

Got my 5 pound batch of All Purpose Rub which is the best i've found yet, but didn't have a place to put it. Just happened to be finishing off a bottle of bourbon and figured it was a sign.
    Ready to go for this weekend! That is if I figure out how to hit 325 on the PBC in below freezing weather and snow...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rub.jpeg
Views:	43
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	31174

I'm 50/50 if I prefer that bottle stocked with the new or old contents, win either way I think! If you want your PBC to pass 325 you have to get the coals super HOT before you put the lid on. And the quicker you get them super hot the better. Check out my lighting strategy in some of the threads Fzxdoc started.

Comment

Gonna whip up a batch of this just in case.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        That's cool. I need some of that to get my 660lbs of thick steel offset up to temp on those blustery cold winter days. Sans the melted metal hole.

Bulleit Bourbon and PBC APR. I hardly know which to like more...

Kathryhn

Comment

My 5lbs of All Purpose is below 1/2. Pork butts get a liberal dose.

Comment

I do like that rub myself, you reminded me to order my 5 lb. bag.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here