Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rib time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well my first batch of ribs are done. Had a hard time getting the temp to spike. Finally got it up to 350 ( after about half an hour, I don't think my coals were hot enough initially??) and put the lid back on. Temp settled around 305-315. How do I get it lower? Close the vent on the bottom? The ribs were juicy. I put hickory chunks in with the coal and that kind of gave them a taste that might have been to much hickory flavor for us. We used Cookies bbq sauce.

Comment

Clark, your pics didn't show up in the "Albums" channel where you posted them (they usually don't, it's a Gremlin as Pit Boss calls it). Can you post pics here?

Comment

How do I post the pictures. I am trying to figure that out.

Comment

Originally posted by Clarkgriswald View Post
          How do I post the pictures. I am trying to figure that out.
          This will walk you through it. Easy as pie once you do it a time or two.

Comment

I keep getting an invalid file every time I try to upload the pictures. I can see them in my photo album.

Comment

There's an issue with Albums though, no one else can see anything in an album. (Usually anyway). We're hoping the new version of vBulletin will solve this. Are you uploading from an iPad or iPhone by chance? There also seems to be issues with Apple stuff. Sorry for the trouble.

You could always PM me your pics and I could try to save and upload them if you cannot get it to work.

Comment

I am on my desktop right now. I will try some more and if not I will PM you Huskee. Thanks.

Comment

I saw your rib photos over in your "First Ribs" album, Clark. They looked good! What did you think of the cook?

Kathryn

Comment

Originally posted by fzxdoc View Post
                    I saw your rib photos over in your "First Ribs" album, Clark. They looked good! What did you think of the cook?

Kathryn
                    Weird. I see nothing. Here's a screen cap of what I see. This is the same with every "album".

Click image for larger version

Name:	blank.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	28929

Comment

• Clarkgriswald
                      Clarkgriswald commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I see the same thing you do Huskee. I don't get it.

Thanks Kathryn. I thought it went well for my first time but I couldn't figure out why it was so hot. If you notice my barrel it didn't have a stand under it because then never sent me one. Hopefully I get it this week.

I wonder why they show up in my album which I posted through my Ipad but I can't attach them from my desktop.

Comment

• fzxdoc
                      fzxdoc commented
                      Editing a comment
                      About the PBC temperature: Perhaps you needed some air flow under the barrel to help maintain the temp the way we all see it with our PBCs which are on stands. I hope your stand comes soon!

When my PBC temp runs too hot, I poke some aluminum foil into the rebar holes at the top of the barrel until the temp gets down to where I want it. That works for me. Some people slide a square of aluminum foil over the hole at the bottom of the barrel but I haven't had to do that. The little wads of foil in the rebar holes are easy to poke in and take out as needed.
                      Last edited by fzxdoc; November 2, 2014, 05:54 AM.

I have a question. Now that my coals are pretty much done (still a little warm) can I just leave the lid on until the morning or will the inside get funky. Its only going to be in the mid 20's tonight.

Comment

I leave the coals to do their thing overnight then I clean them out in the morning.

I got to your album post by going to your posts page (by clicking on your name) and opening it from there.

Kathryn
                      Last edited by fzxdoc; November 2, 2014, 05:45 AM.

Comment

I just brought my barrel inside last night because I wasn't sure how the moisture would affect the inside. I know I am not going to do that in winter time but for now I am just paranoid.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here