Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Brisket on PBC!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Brisket on PBC!

2nd weekend and third cook with the PBC. Trying out a small brisket this time . Put some salt and a light rub on it last night. Forgot to put olive oil on it before hand. :-( Fired up the PBC and hung it. 2 hours in and the brisket is at 145 and the pit is at 295. I'm planning on pulling it at 150, putting it in a double wrap of tin foil with some beef broth. I will the place it on the grate until it hits 203. Depending on the time I plan on putting it in a cooler wrapped with a towel for a bit. Wish me luck.

You are cooking on the PBC, you don't need luck.

Comment

I'd lay it down, fat cap up, on the grate, to bark up the flat some before I wrap when it hits 150 internal.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
        I'd lay it down, fat cap up, on the grate, to bark up the flat some before I wrap when it hits 150 internal.

I wish you could have told me that a few minutes BEFORE I wrapped it. It's already on the grate wrapped. Now the wait.

There really wasn't much bark on it at all when I wrapped it. Just the "normal" golden PBC color. I wonder if it is better to just start it out naked on the grate?
        Last edited by SRA; October 19, 2014, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Brisket came out very good. It could have been a little more tender but all in all it was good and I am glad I gave it a shot.

Comment

Glad to hear that, SRA. The next brisket will be even better, I bet. It's a tasty learning curve that we're all on!

Kathryn

Comment

I hang mine for at least 5.5 hours, then go to the grate to bark up. Fat cap first if it needs it. Then wrap.

Resting, make that good WARM resting, promotes tenderness. On cheaper Selects it takes at least 2-3 hours.
              Last edited by Jerod Broussard; October 20, 2014, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here