Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ernest
    replied
    No harm at all. I've done done pig and cow together many many times.

Leave a comment:

• SRA
    replied
    Originally posted by Ernest View Post
    If you have a food saver vacuum machine you won't lose any BBQ quality after freezing. It's a beautiful thang!

Ernest! You're a genius! I do have one! By the way......Just out of curiosity, is there any harm/foul from doing pork and beef at the same time? Does it mess up the flavor in any way?

Leave a comment:

• Ernest
    replied
    If you have a food saver vacuum machine you won't lose any BBQ quality after freezing. It's a beautiful thang!

Leave a comment:

• SRA
    replied
    Alright, I may just do both of them tomorrow. Bring them up to 150, crutch and put back on the grate until 203, let rest and see what we've got.

Leave a comment:

• SRA
    replied
    Visited the grocery store to see what they had. Picked up a small brisket and a small chuck roast to try. Now flood me with your cooking suggestions!

Also, if I decide to do just one which would you recommend and ...How well do they freeze or will I "ruin" it by freezing it?
    Last edited by SRA; October 17, 2014, 01:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Deuce
    commented on 's reply
    Yes I am, until it hits 205

• SRA
    replied
    Are you putting that wrapped roast back on The PBC grate?

Leave a comment:

• Henrik
    commented on 's reply
    Wow, that leg of lamb is a thing of beauty, for sure!

• Deuce
    replied
    I'm doing two cooks on the PBC this weekend, the first will be a chuck roast. Making pulled beef with it, taking it to 205 with a recipe I saw from Smoky Ribs on youtube. I'll be covering in a pan at 160 with coca cola and maple syrup of all things. I would have never dreamed of that combination but glad I tried it. It's a big hit here. The 2nd day doing another bacon covered meatloaf. The first one I did was so good.

Leave a comment:

• SRA
    replied
    So many great ideas! I'm intrigued by the Chuck Roast. Which way would be better do you think? Cooked to 130 and reverse seared or to 200 and pulled? If I go to 200 do I hang to 130 and then put in on the grate until 200? I may end up doing a couple of different things if I can. :-)

Leave a comment:

• smarkley
    commented on 's reply
    hmmm.. racks or legs... racks or legs... racks or legs... I am coveting your leg (of lamb!) the most!
    Last edited by smarkley; October 16, 2014, 06:04 PM.

• Ernest
    replied
    Or do a rack of beef short ribs. That's what I'm planning on PBCing this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Ernest
    replied
    Do rack o' lamb

or leg o' lamb

Leave a comment:

• bbqoaf
    replied
    In Western Kentucky the BBQ is mutton, and the sauce is vinegary, spiked with Worcestershire sauce. Here's a recipe for black BBQ sauce inspired by Moonlite Bar-B-Q Sauce & Dip. This thin tart sauce cuts the rich fat, making it perfect for use as a deeply penetrating baste as the meat cooks or as a finishing sauce.

Do a lamb shoulder the same way you would a pork shoulder and make this thin BBQ sauce. Out of this world, one of the top 3 things I have made from this site, not enough delicious adjectives to justify this one.........

Leave a comment:

• smarkley
    replied
    I did an eye of round 2 weeks ago, exactly like Huskee suggested... it turned out really good.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here