Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ash can for Pit Barrel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SRA
    replied
    Originally posted by fzxdoc View Post
    Here you go, SRA: Ash Can from Ace Hardware It looks like the perfect solution for storing unspent coal from the PBC as well as ash. As you say, the PBC coal basket fits neatly in that can.

HTH,

Kathryn

Kathryn! That's the one! You found it! Thank You. Ok, not exactly as I remembered it. I was hoping that the coal basket could sit in the ash can in the PBC during the cook. Then, after the cook, I could just retrieve the basket from the can and dump the can. Hmmmmm....still a great idea but not exactly what I was hoping for.

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    replied
    Here you go, SRA: Ash Can from Ace Hardware It looks like the perfect solution for storing unspent coal from the PBC as well as ash. As you say, the PBC coal basket fits neatly in that can.

HTH,

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• Ernest
    commented on 's reply
    I like that. Do you have a picture? I might need to visit a restaurant supply store.

• PBCJim
    replied
    I "acquired" a metal (aluminum?) serving dish from the kitchen which was just the right fit for the bottom of the cooker. Its sides are about an inch tall but angled out about 45 degrees. Just enough space to not inhibit air flow. Works perfect. Just reach in, pick it up and dump. Super easy and less flimsy than foil.

Leave a comment:

• Ernest
    replied
    HD Foil works great for me, I use sheets. Fold ash in and done.

Leave a comment:

• smarkley
    replied
    I dump mine in a trash can that we already have in the area... my plan if I am worried about hot/warm coals is to dump it in my wheel barrel

Leave a comment:

• SRA
    started a topic Ash can for Pit Barrel

Ash can for Pit Barrel

Ok, one of the downsides, maybe the only downside, of the PBC is getting the old ashes out after a cook. I've heard of people lining the bottom with foil but I have seem SOMEWHERE a person who posted pictures of a galvanized trash can that they picked up from the local hardware store that they just place the coal basket in. The problem is that I can't find to save my life. Has anyone else seen it? Has any one else come up with an idea or tried something else out that they'd like to share? Thanks!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here