Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

beef ribs and St . Louis ribs and then chicken thighs hung

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kranknhank
    replied
    Thats just what I did. After two I opened it up and the beef shrunk down alot thats when it came out .dinner was a hour and a half so I covered it and sat it in the cold oven. I still like grill chicken over pbc so thats a challenge to get the skin firmer

Leave a comment:

• Ernest
    replied
    Those are good looking ribs. Don't stress too much about PBC temperatures.
    I used to fight with my PBC the first few cooks until I got the vent right where I wanted it. So experiment a few times.
    What I'd suggest is once you hang things like ribs, do not open it for at least 2 hours. That will get the PBC to settle to where it wants to cook.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    I am one of the rare breeds who likes beef ribs better than pork ribs. Don't get me wrong, I still love pork ribs. But I double love beef ribs, with BBBR. Hard to beat it, easy to eat it.

Leave a comment:

• kranknhank
    replied
    Thanks but I do have a good butcher shop a few blocks away,but it was 950 a lb. After seeing Ernests beef ribs I asked the butcher to cut it down the middle. They came out so good the wife gave the last two pieces to my son and his friend when they left!I had one half rib . The butcher suggested a pork loin to smoke.Any opinions? I do wish I took a picture of the pork ribs.They really hit the spot. I dont say it enough,thanks to all you pit club members .Hank

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    We have them here. They are very low quality. Select. I would have to order some if I ever did some again.

Nice job Hank!!!!

Leave a comment:

• smarkley
    replied
    NICE! I have yet to find Beef Short ribs around this town... but I am coveting yours in a big way #MouthWatering

Leave a comment:

• kranknhank
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-10-12 beef ribs pbc.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	25854my first beef ribs on a PBC 2 hours

Leave a comment:

• beef ribs and St . Louis ribs and then chicken thighs hung

I smoked the two kinds of ribs at once and with a hour and a half before my son and his friend arrived I put the thighs on the bar. I took pictures before rub, after rub and in the smoker. After that I was stressing and no photos except for the beef ribs done. The temp on the beef was past 165 after two hours and had shrunk on the bone alot.The st . Louis ribs temp read high too but will power said leave it be. I am suprised to say the beef was great according to my son even though it sat under foil for a hour and a half. The St Louis was fall off delicious after 345 in the pbc. The thighs were cooked to 165 but the skin was soft but otherwise tasty too. I used memphis dust on the pork and pbc regular rub on the beef and a local rub for the thighs. Thank you Noah and Ernest for the videos and help. I have no leftovers! Hank

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here