Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beef Ribs

Beef Ribs on the PBC!
    Attached Files

YES YES YES!! How long did those cook for? I'll take beef ribs over brisket or pork ribs any day.
    Mine take 2 - 2 1/2 hours.

Comment

I've never done beef ribs. Looks like I have next weekends menu confirmed.

Comment

Chris, look for beef short ribs. Some of the other ribs got no meat on them, just bone.

Comment

First time making them. They were surprisingly similar to brisket. Mine took 7hrs to get to 203F. Hit a stall and wrapped at 170-180. Did u cut yours up first?

Comment

7 hours in the PBC?

I buy a whole rack and ask the butcher to cut it lengthwise. I don't wrap mine

so they hang like this

They come out like this

Comment

• jlo
              jlo commented
              Editing a comment
              Lookin good!

I wish my beef ribs turned out like that. Wife can't eat pork so I try beef ribs but they never seem to turn out as good. Will just have to keep trying I guess.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
              Jerod Broussard commented
              Editing a comment
              Get used to it. Ernest can take a literal pile of crap out the pasture and make it look like Prime Rib.

• Ernest
              Ernest commented
              Editing a comment
              Jerod, don't make me try that. I'll experiment with anything you know!!

• Marauderer
              Marauderer commented
              Editing a comment
              You go Ernest!! Its like at Baby's first Birthday in Hawaii, Big Luau. If it looks good, smells good, taste good, do not ask what it is as you most likely will not like the answer you will get!! Might even have to power puke. So Brenda and I learned that quickly and we would fool ourselves thinking it was beef, pork, or chicken. But, they made some fantastic dishes.

I did beef spares back in June, here's a pic of them.
            I'm doing them again this Weds. They are so good. If you remove the membrane like on pork ribs, and treat them like brisket (including a faux cambro hold) they're amazing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	10-1F782B08-2027445-1280.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	24068 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG4697.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	24069 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG4695.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	24072
            Attached Files

Comment

I keep the membrane on when PBCing short ribs. They got more meat and tend to be heavier than pig ribs. Helps to keep them intact and keep some of the juices in. It's easy to remove after they're cooked.

Comment

• Ernest
                Ernest commented
                Editing a comment
                That's right Huskee.

• cdd315
                cdd315 commented
                Editing a comment
                Why, because of thinner meat on spares, would you remove the membrane? I'm just curious

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                It's not because of the thinner meat, it's just helpful to do it like you would on pork ribs. Makes easier eating later. Beef spare ribs don't have as thick of a knob of meat as shorties.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here