Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Pork Loin Backribs cook on the PBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Pork Loin Backribs cook on the PBC

It was time for some more ribs today. The PBC does a bang up job on them. These took 2 3/4 hours with a temp holding between 275 and 280 with KO. Threw in a couple of chunks of apple wood for smoke. They had a good smoke ring with a lot of moisture inside. The toothpick went in like through butter. Sorry the 2nd pic is a lil blurry.

Pre-sauce
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Ribs 2.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	21320

Ready to eat
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Ribs 3.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	21321

Knee-ice!!!!!

Comment

• Deuce
      Deuce commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Jerod

mmmmMMMMMmmmm.

Kathryn

Comment

If you need a taste tester i'm your guy!

Cam

Comment

• Deuce
        Deuce commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll keep that in mind Cam , how do you like your Good One Marshall ? I'm looking at buying their Open Range early next year.

• cdnichol
        cdnichol commented
        Editing a comment
        I love it! Holds temperatures great and it's very easy to get the temperature up and down and it does it in a quick amount of time. I like the design of them too!

I have to say that my learning curve for this smoker has been shortest time then all the other grills and smokers i've used before. Not to say that I know everything but to pretty much get the spinners and damper exactly how I want it as i'm getting the fire started and typically have to do very few if any adjustments. It took about a full year to say that about my Primo XL.
        Last edited by cdnichol; September 28, 2014, 08:15 PM.

• Deuce
        Deuce commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, sounds great. The Marshall does have the advantage of the extra smoking space, might have to splurge lol

NICE Deuce, real nice.
      Last edited by Jon Solberg; September 28, 2014, 08:12 PM.

Comment

• Deuce
        Deuce commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Jon

Yep yep yep, great stuff right there. Apple smoke on ribs is my favorite!

Comment

• Deuce
        Deuce commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Huskee, I like Apple smoke on pork, great combination

Deuce you nailed some PBC ribs!

Comment

• Deuce
        Deuce commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks David, best part was having a few left over

Great looking ribs! I've been using the PBC for back ribs with very good results all summer. One problem I've been having with back ribs is that the loin meat on the top of the rack often gets too dry while the meat between the bones stays juicy just fine. Does anyone know how to avoid that or is that just a given with back ribs?

Comment

Originally posted by bowdropper View Post
        Great looking ribs! I've been using the PBC for back ribs with very good results all summer. One problem I've been having with back ribs is that the loin meat on the top of the rack often gets too dry while the meat between the bones stays juicy just fine. Does anyone know how to avoid that or is that just a given with back ribs?
        What is helpful is to filet the ribs to roughly one standard thickness across, since most butchers leave a lot of that loin meat on to jack up the price of the racks, since ribs reel in more cash than loin. Like you say, if you leave it it will dry out and do nothing except extend your cook time. I have a post here that touches briefly on trimming them if you're interested.

Oh and Welcome to The Pit! When you get a minute, check out Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel, as well as the tips posts in that channel. These will help you learn your way around The Pit, as well as set up your signature. There's also a post that explains the best way to post nice big pics here... we like to see bragging pictures of your equipment and your cooks. We look forward to hearing more from you! Enjoy!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here