Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6 briskets hanging in the Pit Barrel, I think it can be done.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 briskets hanging in the Pit Barrel, I think it can be done.......

Need to cut more rebar.

Need to figure out the bark procedure. I can only fit 4 when I got to the grate. Thinking about the positioning, maybe could have at least two all barked up on the hook only. That flat really takes a while. Could have a stand by grill I could throw them on for that too. Quick bark-up before getting wrapped.

Now I just need someone who needs a bunch of brisket cooked.

I can easily fit 6 briskets in my Yoder Wichita.

Just. Sayin'.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      I can get up to 45 briskets in the amount of PBC's I can get for the cost of a Wichita.

Just sayin'.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      #cantwinafakeargumentwithjerod

Jerod, wow, four on the grate? Am I missing something?

I've never tried to fit more than one on the grate, though I guess there is room for two. But four? Do you have any pictures?

I've always worried about airflow...would covering the grate that much restrict airflow to the point that the bottom side of the grate is significantly warmer/hotter than the top side. Guess this is not a problem?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	4briskt6.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	17244 I use 2 grates. They hang for about 5.5 hours. Removing rebar when you go to the grate helps plenty

Comment

• Haagmonster
        Haagmonster commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, tell us the two grate mod por favor.

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        No mod. I just lay two, put another grate, lay the next two. That top one is the charcoal grate for a 22.5" weber kettle.

I also try to lay the briskets so that the two rows lay perpendicular to each other and the top two don't block the air vents in any way.

• Haagmonster
        Haagmonster commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice! Thanks

your PBC is 30 gallon also, which makes this feat even more dramatic. Maybe Jon can find a drum roll to fill in here.

Comment

Yeh, it fills up fast. It will be mighty close to fit 6. Definitely will need the lid cracked the WHOLE cook.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here