Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Step by step pulled pork on the PBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    Got any pics Jim?

Leave a comment:

• PBCJim
    replied
    Thanks Jon, it came out great this time. Having more experience and minding the temp made all the difference.

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    Sounding good Jim. Ain't no shame in the oven game in my mind. Gots to do whats ya gots to do.

Leave a comment:

• PBCJim
    replied
    8 1/2 hours in and the patient is resting comfortably. Got a little skittish after my last attempt where I didn't keep the PBC hot enough throughout the cook. Had to throw that one in the oven to finish as it was late...didn't want to get shamed again. Now to taste.

Leave a comment:

• PBCJim
    replied
    8 1/2 in, she's resting comfortably.

Leave a comment:

• PBCJim
    replied
    Update 8 hours in. Cracked lid again as the temp was plummeting passed 240 and left it open 1/2 inch for the last 45 minutes. Temps hanging around 340 +- 10. PB 185-190, almost there! As a side note, should have mentioned I'm at 6600' and my vent is about 3/4 open.

Leave a comment:

• PBCJim
    replied
    Greetings PBC'ers: am I doing it wrong? Took me 5 1/2 to get my 8.7 PB to 158. Pit temps cruising between 265-290. Wrapped at 158, only got to 165 after another hour. Pit was down to 250, so cracked the lid until 340 and closed it up. Sitting around 290 now. I am 7 hours in...is it time to panic?

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    "Top Shelf" cook right there.......

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    replied
    Oh and let us know what differences you notice in the results between the two methods. =)

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    replied
    To hit the higher temp use my lighting method. Fzxdoc posted it here.

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    replied
    I don't ever find any that small, but I agree with the temp spike, I am going to shoot for about 400 instead of 340 to see how that works for me. Thanks for the feedback!

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    replied
    Awesome post and awesome barbecue. I like to buy small butts instead of splitting big ones, and I like to hit an even higher temp spike then I first close the lid (380-420) but otherwise this is pretty much how I'd cook a butt on the PBC.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PBA.png
Views:	131
Size:	247.6 KB
ID:	16169

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    replied
    Thanks for all the details, John. They're great.

I'm glad you were able to snap a photo of that sammie. It's incentive enough to me to get going on my PB. Time's a-wastin'.

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    replied
    Finished up, let me know if I missed anything. Good luck Fzxdoc!!!

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Yeh, sometimes for me it takes 320-350 at least to get a 275ish settle down temp with the Kingsford. Of course the amount of meat in the cooker, and what stage it is at, can affect that as well.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here