Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Boston Butt on the PBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SurfsUp
    replied
    Cold it is! Thanks guys.

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    Cold! Here's an article on that from Meathead http://amazingribs.com/tips_and_tech...room_temp.html

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    replied
    I put em on cold.

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    commented on 's reply
    That went fast! I have found that for me the most reliable method to get tenderness is resting for 2+ hours. Also, some have mentioned their stall happening at higher temps, so you still may get one.

• SurfsUp
    commented on 's reply
    I tied my last butt as I thought it may pull apart... I'm going to tie this one as well.

• SurfsUp
    replied
    Do you guys bring the butt to room temp first or put on cold?

Leave a comment:

• atlpbc
    replied
    Well, my temps starting moving towards 300*F. Went to take a look and the Butt had almost split in two. Pulled everything out and placed the grate in and reset the rebar and the Butt. Covered each side of a single rebar with foil to help bring the temp back down. This is at the 2.5 hour mark. Meat temp is 169*F.

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    replied
    Just through a 9 pounder on here, if you don't plan on wrapping I would try putting a grate underneath or move to the great later, as you get closer to 200 you really risk a fall, even with good placement.

Leave a comment:

• atlpbc
    replied
    Just under 7lbs trimmed.

Leave a comment:

• SurfsUp
    replied
    You got an early start! I'm tackling one of those today... this may be a personal question but how big is your butt

Leave a comment:

• atlpbc
    started a topic First Boston Butt on the PBC

First Boston Butt on the PBC

Ok, Butt brined. Check.
    Mephis Dust applied. Check.
    PBC started. Check.
    Maverick 732 synced. Check.
    Applewood chunks. Check.
    PBC hangers placed in meat. Check (sorta. Wondering if I should have gone further down in the meat.)
    One pig cooking. 7:30am EST

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here