Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Dino Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do mine at a cooker temp of 250. They always take 7-9 hours depending on rack size. That’s not including rest time. I always rest at least two hours. The fat renders down really thoroughly every time. Maybe you pulled them a little soon? Regardless, they look great. Nice smoke ring. Yum.
    Last edited by Jfrosty27; February 7, 2023, 05:38 AM.

Comment

• bbq_esq
      bbq_esq commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah the good bites were out of this world, but I think it needed to go another hour and then a nice long heated rest (as I’ve done for brisket)

You pulled them too early, I’ve had them be chewy @ 200 and they melt @ 203. It’s a very fine line, but you have to cross it and then the longer you can rest them the better.

Comment

• bbq_esq
      bbq_esq commented
      Editing a comment
      I think you are right. Don’t get me wrong there were some incredible bites. This was meant to be a much longer Sunday cook with a long rest, but had to adapt and get it done while working. Lesson for next time!

• TxF
      TxF commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s the strangest thing I’ve ever seen, but there is a point where everything that is holding it together disappears and it happens all at once.

I'm with the others. You didn't cook it long enough, and they could also benefit from a couple hour cambro hold. There was a lot of fat but most of it rendered the times I've done these.

Comment

Look great bbq_esq. Glad you still enjoyed them and learned some things for the next time.

Comment

Look great. Since I’ve not cooked them I can offer advice but will say I ordered / ate them recently at a fair fancy place and found the same large globs of fat!
        Ordered and ate them last year at a kinda sketchy place outside of OK city and they were amazing!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here