Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork Crown Roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork Crown Roast

​Don't think I've seen this done before on a PBC but I made a 11.5 LB (18 bone) Pork Crown Roast in the PBC. I guestimated 30 minutes per pound cook time at 250F but surprisingly it was done in a little bit over 3 hours to 145F internal temp. I had to keep lowering the temp a bit and hold it a bit longer than I wanted since this was suppose to be for lunch and I was 3 hours early. I wound up pulling it closer to 155F and putting it in a cooler to rest for an hour.

I used Fogo lump charcoal and this particular recipe with a Meat Church Honey Hog Rub. Even though I pulled it at 155F it was super tender and juicy especially since it's a pork loin.

Definitely recommend giving this a try

Click image for larger version  Name:	GK-Gmm4IUnSfMhKUcvJlJdVd_wyC9Y6iZRRuKtcSwj9FJUBdoQUXHVl3a8c13tZSv3zDeiHLw9JTd68zxV7lgGUu7eI_wmELmRAunaiVFj3hHzA7Ny66YDQI30dxMRUhl84WfQQEyZKiM7LSUpHmiaGo3gRX2bXH7aU4qbDA7GWVd7dz-AwsJ5aNmZvH1FefN5GW1Qo3pzMW-RpinvQ7Xa69N9Dciq-sPEk_JJMIrsf88gidGx7q6eGtA4KOw1p Views:	3 Size:	686.4 KB ID:	1370684
    ​​

Click image for larger version  Name:	NaEB3QIk6RJUWepOkI6nkCJ7LyuuXqlHLEpUWiLR-JXg2WWEtJXxrcYrHEXb7VVm_IMupm4x8AebuHnn8lux7YBgVSWekeUJVNkA3U_pzpkSDJwvq8eCOsbZBKcsbJtEgO2VguCt26vgcUmLn_ZGkoOUwK_Q7raKjN5skUQj9yVKU39jkeODJNeIHXqGcHRXvZ79Zu8SNtssMoTvxKBpKoeqpWMGDN2iSnTreJjV4wz5KL5piud0WU3lhM9ZkQh Views:	0 Size:	540.9 KB ID:	1370682
    Click image for larger version  Name:	VfM2-cna5tAl5DcIX5J3iGuegmq_uUBsoE-_dsqLaLnH1kJj740ZkVpyWnb3UdHh7fo9_iBEha4vKwcPmgtVtigWDS_syQ3LW_sFl6_h-WCW4zoIN8Rdw1LNvnj7QokfJS3Xs1Y9wnNHshhbsV_j9Tez-Cy908KpJZPRqsnD8JDhncS9LcP3P_vgKvNjNt-i44Ge3OE3IibGcV7_zZy8om3DBGIYobnSlDY3xi3a92x17XHoN1XVCBA5wrkpM4i Views:	0 Size:	516.6 KB ID:	1370683
    Attached Files
    Last edited by KuKuPuffs; February 1, 2023, 08:52 AM.

PBC, PBC, PBC!

Comment

• mrichie1229
      mrichie1229 commented
      Editing a comment
      PBC for the win!

Nicely done. Looks great.

Comment

Love it! It looks perfect! I’ve done pork crown roast once and it was absolutely amazing! What did you serve with it? Man that looks good!

Comment

That looks great!

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Originally posted by barelfly View Post
            Love it! It looks perfect! I’ve done pork crown roast once and it was absolutely amazing! What did you serve with it? Man that looks good!
            some roasted brussel sprouts and mini potatoes done on a tray in a convection oven. Easy Peasy!

Comment

Don’t eat much pork, but that looks dang good to me. Nicely done. 🙌🙌

Comment

Yum. Great job KuKuPuffs.

Comment

That looks amazing!

Comment

That's lunch? What's for dinner?

Comment

• efincoop
                      efincoop commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's exactly what I was thinking!

Very cool cook!

Comment

That looks great. On my list of future cooks.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here