Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tri Tip and chickens on the PBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tri Tip and chickens on the PBC

In spite of my whining about lighting procedures, this PBC still produces great food.

Last weekend, 2 tri tips from Costco, and the usual chicken.
    Chicken done with MMD to 160F, and tri tips done with Big Bad Beef Rub.

The chicken was great as always, and the tri tips were wonderful! My wife isn't a big beef eater, but she loved it !

Thats very nice! Man the chicken looks good.

Comment

How do you feel the bark on the tri tip is. I find that is doesn't get enough of the maillard effect going.

Comment

I agree, I don't think I would call it bark. It doesn't cook long enough or hot enough to get there.

Comment

You would have to start reverse searing at about 120 internal to get any kind of bark on tri tip.

Comment

It's great as is. I don't miss bark on tri tip, and it's surprising how tender it becomes n the cooker. Tri tip can be nasty chewy stuff if not done right.
            Last edited by BruceB; August 29, 2014, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here