Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

turkey hanger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turkey hanger

Someone has to test it .... and I'm not waiting till Turkey day. Plus I'm hungry.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bergmef; November 8, 2015, 11:25 AM.

Mine just arrived yesterday. I had such good luck last year just spatchcocking the turkey and hanging it by its armpits, it's going to take a lot for me to switch gears and use the hanger on the PBC.

Kathryn

Comment

I'm not sure if I like how it 'flops' back and forth. I want to add a big ball of foil to stop it. I might end up spatchcocking, rebar diagonal and the bird in the center. Good thing I love turkey ... and the neighbors too.

Comment

It's in, wahoo.. 315 degrees. First alarm is 2 hours.

Another vote for spatchcock ... if you hang from 1 rebar, the two open hole are good for keeping the temp up in the 315-325 range. I have to keep the lid cracked. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2289.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	216.7 KB
ID:	120521

Comment

• fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          Could you use a hook through the loop and hang the bird from one rebar, perhaps?

Kathryn

The bird is done. 157 in the breast. 3.5 hours

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2292.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	210.7 KB
ID:	120561

Comment

• PappyBBQ
          PappyBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok, so complete review?? Pretty Please??!!?? How'd it cook hanging?? Man I'm hanging to know!

Where do you get the turkey hanger from? Thanks Kyle

Comment

pitbarrelcooker.com sells them directly from their site - it's a new product.

Comment

Is the loop on the hanger large enough to put the rebar through? It looks close.

Comment

• PappyBBQ
              PappyBBQ commented
              Editing a comment
              Just checked mine, and yes the hole on the hanger will fit a rebar! This is how I'm going to attempt to do mine this weekend so that I can keep a set of holes rebar free. I think hanging it from a hook would place the bird too low in the pit.

• Flavorsavor
              Flavorsavor commented
              Editing a comment
              nice. looks like I'm going to order one now.

I'm thinking you *could* use the hooks the pbc came with thru the loop and hang it off of one rebar... I'll find out for sure tomorrow when my hanger comes.

Comment

I ordered 2 of these new hangers this week... they look like a great idea. I might try using them in my KBQ though... hahahaha!

Comment

Hello Bergmef,
                How did the turkey come out? Looks good, how was skin?

Nice job.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here