Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC ash pan delivered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PBC ash pan delivered

Just got it today. Seems well built, but heavy. I'm traveling the next week or so, but will baptize it soon.

Anyone else get one?

Not yet. I had one made that eventually warped due to the extra B & B heat. It was still usable. Curious how this one will compare.

Comment

Need to get one, it is the main thing I dislike about the PBC. I love how easy the WSM is to dump, but the legs on it stick out pretty far so most of the time that hits the can and tips it so it all dumps on my feet.

Comment

Heavy usually means better quality, which is good to hear. I would imagine it better quality than my flimsy pizza pan I've been using.

Comment

I'm in the same boat, rjhohne, I got mine yesterday, but I won't get to use it until next weekend. Why is life so cruel? Actually, it isn't bad, we are going to Monterey and will visit a friend who owns a BBQ restaurant. She has a commercial Traeger smoker and turns out some good stuff for the menu, but she also lets us sample her experiments. I love being her guinea pig!

Comment

• rjhohne
            rjhohne commented
            Editing a comment
            Monterey! Friend who owns a BBQ restaurant! I feel so sorry for you!

Actually, we're going to our place in Montana, but you've got me beat!

• Livermoron
            Livermoron commented
            Editing a comment
            We're in Monterey quite a bit (we stay at the Naval Postgraduate School while in town)...where's her restaurant?

• Yno
            Yno commented
            Editing a comment
            Livermoron The Monterey Cookhouse on Fremont.

Don't have one yet, but I'm headed to the site now!

Comment

Got mine today along with "Bertha" the pit barrel which was much nicer than expected. The ash pan, without any knowledge of material cost mind you, seemed thinner than I was expecting. But, it may not need to be thicker. One thing to know is the 10 gallon Behren coal snuff ash can that was recommended in the forum slopes too much for the plate.

This weekend will be the big test - but I am guessing the solution is to tip the fine ash over the can, unhook the pan, lower the basket in the can and call it done. Either that or this thing is just not going to be worth the $28 and foil was the way to go.

Comment

Heavy duty foil works very well for me. Two layers and it'll last at least 3-4 cooks. I must say that I do like the idea of a pan that lifts out with the basket. Sticking my head in the barrel and keeping my clothes clean when pulling out the foil is a bit of a challenge at my height!

Comment

• PappyBBQ
                PappyBBQ commented
                Editing a comment
                Ha! I've gotten that "grease ring" a couple of times myself!!

Getting mine soon!

Comment

Mine arrived last Friday, What can I say about it, well heavy gauge SS and holds ash.

Comment

After spending some time getting the old round tray thing out of the pit (not an easy job if you forget the tin foil sling) I did some ribs with the new PBC ash pan. really works a treat! After the charcoal went out, I lifted the whole thing out, put it down on an open trash bag, tilted it, and no more ash. 'Tis a bit on the pricey side, but I like it. Thanks, Pit Barrel Cooker Co.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here