Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To inject or not inject, that is the question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To inject or not inject, that is the question.

I just ordered my first 12-14 lb Black Wagyu grade brisket from SRF. I was going to order from Creekstone but the SNF turned out to be a few dollars cheaper even with paid shipping. I've read here that many inject their PRIME briskets. Would you inject a Black Wagyu or just let it ride?

I'd let it tide. But then again, I don't inject my prime briskets either.

Comment

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      +1....then there's the jabbing the needle in my thumb thing....

Definitely skip injecting, at least until you've done 4 or 5 of them. Then you can try injecting. But if it's even close to Wagyu then it will be well marbled anyway, no need to pump it full of broth.

Comment

• Bad Hat BBQ
      Bad Hat BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      W/ Henrik.....I avoid injecting Brisket ; too good on its own

I don't inject Prime briskets, so I wouldn't inject a wagyu either. So let it ride....

I'm jealous, been wanting to smoke a wagyu brisket. Please share when you're done.
    Last edited by au4stree; December 16, 2021, 09:49 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I for sure would not inject a Wagyu brisket. IMHO, injecting for the circuit where crazy amounts of well......everything has to be thrown at the judges to stand out.

When I am doing Wagyu, I keep it very simple. You really want that meat to speak. The fat is rich and the flavor is incredible. Do not alter that with some injection that likely has phosphates and any other things that might throw off the flavor. I always find that commercial injections make the meat taste, fake, if that makes sense.

You really only need to inject if you are cooking a really lean brisket, anything under choice. (I guess I have never cooked one that was choice, so I really do not know there.) If you are in a huge bind and can't find anything other than low grade briskets, then I might consider injecting. But if you have la creme del la creme, then SKIP IT!

Comment

The black wagyu is almost all I do. I injected the first one because I didn't know any better. Have not done one since and not noticed any difference.

Comment

Nope. The entire point (so to speak) of getting high grade beef is to taste the beef. It won't need injecting to help it and what's the point of getting great beef if you're just injecting it with flavors?

Comment

I’ve only cooked Prime packers. Never injected a single one, and they all come out great. Delicious and moist. Injecting - IMHO - is a crutch for low grade cuts. Prime+ doesn’t need anything but salt and pepper and a nice oak fire!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here