Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting Back into it! PBC or OJB.. or Gateway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd start with a SnS Kettle and then keep thinking while you cook with that. See which cooker you miss the most. Pellet? PBC?

Comment

• Alabama Smoke
      Alabama Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      Great advice here. You cannot go wrong with that kettle. Why would you think you should buy more than one cooker at a time and taking care to learn how to make work for you repeatedly before buying more?
      Last edited by Alabama Smoke; December 10, 2021, 01:04 PM.

• Byrang
      Byrang commented
      Editing a comment
      Good advice. I do miss the ease and quality of the Yoder. I typically used my PBC for ribs and chicken. I'm for sure going SNS Kettle to start.

I'm with Skip - see what you miss most, replace that. Alternatively, think about what you used most in the past and if your cooks are going to be mostly the same as in the past, replace what you used most, first.

Comment

• Alabama Smoke
      Alabama Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      Totally agree

I've got the PBC and the SnS kettle. Combo works well for me. There's nothing I can't do .

Oh, and the ol gasser. I fully endorse the broil king gasser too.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here