Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to Barrel House Cooker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to Barrel House Cooker

Anybody know why I can't find a BHC on Amazon? Did PBC discontinue the BHC? I sold my PBC in 2020, didn't pull the trigger on a BHC, and now I need a smoker but can't find the BHC. Help.

Barrel House Cooker | Next-Gen, Full-Featured Barrel Cookers

Comment

The website still exists but if you go to Amazon, they say it is unavailable and it's unknown when it will be available.

Comment

I know in 2018 Barrel House and Pit Barrel Cooker settled a lawsuit and Barrel House agreed to pay royalties to PBC. Then in March of 2020, PBC acquired the Barrel House company. (https://pitbarrelcooker.com/pages/th...anville-family).

I suspect the brand and production have been retired.

Comment

PBC acquired the Barrel House Cooker Company last year

LOUISVILLE, Ky., March 31, 2020 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- The Barrel House Cooker Company, LLC, maker of modular vertical barrel cookers of the same n...

Don't know the current status, but you can send Mr. Glanville an email and ask if they are available.

Comment

The have a smaller size of the PBC available.

Junior Linkola

Comment

Yeah, looks like it's unavailable, and even if it were, the 14" model has been discontinued.

Too bad. The BHC had some clear design improvements over the PBC.

Comment

• Citizenoftheworld
                Citizenoftheworld commented
                Editing a comment
                Yup, this is the reason why I'm looking for a BHC. I like the ability to lift the barrel off for direct access to the charcoal basket. I like the air damper control on the bottom of the base, and other features. There were key improvements over the PBC. I may have to buy a PBC though, if the BHC is not available. The larger model PBX, though more expensive, may solve the access issue because you can leave the middle bar clear and remove it to spin the charcoal basket mid-smoke.

• RobertC
                RobertC commented
                Editing a comment
                Citizenoftheworld Speaking of spinning the charcoal basket, one of the advantages of the BHC is that since the top vents didn't double as rebar supports, you could spin the frame that the meat hung from. (In addition, since the top vents didn't double as rebar supports, you could use kitchen magnets to partially block the vents as if they were adjustable dampers.) There were other improvements, too. RIP BHC.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here