Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PBC Cover

Greetings. Too lazy to search for this topic. The cover I bought from PBC is failing after a year outside. Never did like it that much anyway as it fits too snugly. What are others using to protect cooker?

Mine is still good, but I never seem to remember to put it on once cool...

Comment

I used a WSM 22.5 cover. Weber covers are better than anything out there

Comment

I cheat and put mine in the garage.

Comment

The only problem with covers in a hot humid environment, like south Texas in the summer, is that they hold in moisture from the humid air, which encourages oxidation and critter growth (microscopic and macroscopic).

Comment

I use a 55gal. drum liner (plastic bags) from Sam's Club with a bungee cord around the bottom. Here in California we usually don't have as severe weather as some of you, so I don't know how well this would work for you?

Comment

Mine is in the garage.

Comment

I bought a Charbroil Big Easy cover for my PBC. Fits well, durable and was well priced.

Comment

Many thanks for all the suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by archer.2010 View Post
                    Greetings. Too lazy to search for this topic. The cover I bought from PBC is failing after a year outside. Never did like it that much anyway as it fits too snugly. What are others using to protect cooker?

Guest - sorry to hear about your cover. We'd love to help. Just visit www.PitBarrelCooker.com/contact and either call us or email us.

Comment

Originally posted by archer.2010 View Post
                      Guest Sorry to hear about the issues with your PBC Cover. We'd love to help. Please visit http://pitbarrelcooker.com/contact and either email or call us.

Comment

Thanks, Pit Barrel Cooker, will do.

Comment

Mine has been holding up great !

My PBC is stored outside with a cover and no issues so far... It can get pretty windy, foggy, and gloomy here in SF so I'm pretty happy on it's construction and quality.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here