Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it normal for PBC to get a concave lid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it normal for PBC to get a concave lid?

I’ve used my PBC twice and I noticed after the 2nd use that the lid is slightly concave i.e. when it is placed on the cooker it is like a very small mountain. Has anyone else experienced the same thing?

It’s only really noticeable if you look at the lid from underneath and the lid still closes tight so is this a problem?

I thought perhaps it could affect the way air is designed to circulate in the PBC. I’m not really experienced enough to make an opinion on this though.

I have heard of people dropping their lids and them getting a bend so was very careful with mine.

I haven't noticed that on mine. I don't think it would be an issue as long as it seals up tight. If you are really concerned give them a call. I hear they are very responsive like that.

PBC, PBC, PBC!

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

• BarcaXavi
      BarcaXavi commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you I will contact them.

I agree with Hawker- odd, and I've never experienced it, but highly doubtful it will affect anything if it still seals.

Comment

• BarcaXavi
      BarcaXavi commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you

Never noticed such a thing with my old PBC. Call them if you're concerned and/or think that the lid isn't sealing properly.

Comment

• BarcaXavi
      BarcaXavi commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. I think it seals ok which is main thing.

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

• BarcaXavi
      BarcaXavi commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you

On a positive notes, it's probably easier now to poor off the water if you get caught cooking in rain...or forget to cover it...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here