Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam the Cooking Guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael_in_TX
    commented on 's reply
    I think it is cool he rents an apartment across the street from his two restaurants. In one of his episodes, he is making a NY-style pizza and the pizza is too big for his oven in the apartment, so he gets in the elevator, goes downstairs, walks across the street and uses the oven at Not Not Tacos. The looks from the customers is pretty funny in places.

• glitchy
    commented on 's reply
    Uncle Bob Or is it Not Not a taco place?

• glitchy
    commented on 's reply
    I already used EVOO, but your response did remind me he got me buying Avocado oil now too 🤪 It was the super expensive griddle I was talking about. It just looks so handy the way he uses it (in almost always perfect weather).

• Uncle Bob
    commented on 's reply
    STEbbq EVO is a brand name griddle https://www.homedepot.com/b/Outdoors...5yc1vZbxazZm80

• Uncle Bob
    commented on 's reply
    One of his restaurants is a taco joint which might explain his frequent use.

• STEbbq
    commented on 's reply
    I know it is really EVOO. I don’t know what EVO stands for here though!

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Have nakiri (an skillet), Will Travel...

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    EVOO is a'ight, I'd reckon... has me some, if needed...still use lard, bacon fat, or tallow, probly 90%a th time...

• Michael_in_TX
    replied
    That was pretty cool. I saw the Pastor video pop up on my feed earlier today, but had no idea he was using a PBC. I think I will do this one soon. I may even make those corn tortillas!

I've really warmed up to him lately. He likes really bold flavors, especially Asian and Mexican. He is all about maximum flavor with minimum effort. He has a thing for tacos. All of his recipes I've done have turned out great. In fact, I am absolutely in love with his carne asada marinade. It is perfect.

His son Max does all of the videography and editing (I believe) and around 2017 you can start to see the production quality of the videos just skyrocket. Occasionally you'll see some of the cameras they use in the shots. My favorite is the DSLR that sits on a robot mount that crawls across the table. (It is the one that is used to get the pan shots of the cutting board.)

(For those with a PBC....the hanger you want is the Oklahoma Joe one. It stands upright on its own, unlike the PBC turkey one.)

Leave a comment:

• glitchy
    commented on 's reply
    Michael_in_TX I have to admit I didn’t buy Sam’s but a Mercer. I thought it was a gimmick and figured I wouldn’t use it much so didn’t want to pay his price. It’s the first knife I grab for, especially on veggies.

• Michael_in_TX
    commented on 's reply
    I have come so close to picking up that nakiri.

• 58limited
    commented on 's reply
    The nakiri knife is now my go-to knife.

• STEbbq
    replied
    You guys are real excited over extra virgin oil?!

Leave a comment:

• Rod
    commented on 's reply
    I got the knife, mayo and the 12" cast iron pan.

• glitchy
    commented on 's reply
    And he ain’t afraid to try something non-typical just to see if it works. I know others do too, but not on camera.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here