Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wrap a flat brisket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrap a flat brisket?

I am doing my first brisket on the PBC tomorrow. It's a 6 lb flat. Do I bother wrapping this or just let it cook till done?
    Thanx,

I would defiantly wrap that baby. Especially if its below Prime. I would also throw some low sodium beef broth in there with it. Maybe a half to a full cup. Wrap it tight in Heavy Duty aluminum foil. Good luck. The PBC is awesome for the BRIZ!!!

Comment

jdrozd, I believe Spinaker has it right wrap it after the first several hours in the smoker. Enjoy, Dan

Comment

So it worked out pretty well. I used meat heads beef rub, wrapped at 160 which took about 2 1/2 hours and it was at 200 at 4 hrs total. Temps were between 275-300. Do you normally inject when doing a brisket?

Comment

Originally posted by jdrozd View Post
          So it worked out pretty well. I used meat heads beef rub, wrapped at 160 which took about 2 1/2 hours and it was at 200 at 4 hrs total. Temps were between 275-300. Do you normally inject when doing a brisket?
          If its Prime I never do. But anything below Prime, I always inject.

Comment

jdrozd , I always inject briskets using Butcher's Prime Brisket Injection

Trust Your 2 Time World BBQ Champion. From BBQ Sauce To The Best Dry Rubs and Seasonings For Ribs, Steak, Pulled Pork, and Brisket. Butcher BBQ For Your BBQ And Grilling Needs. We have recipes for smoked ribs and Texas brisket.The Best Beef Injections and Must Have Cooking and Grilling Supplies used in competition.

I also got some of their Butcher's BBQ Phosphate Injection to mix with whatever solution I want to inject with. It's a good idea because their other injection products contain a lot of salt.

Trust Your 2 Time World BBQ Champion. From BBQ Sauce To The Best Dry Rubs and Seasonings For Ribs, Steak, Pulled Pork, and Brisket. Butcher BBQ For Your BBQ And Grilling Needs. We have recipes for smoked ribs and Texas brisket.The Best Beef Injections and Must Have Cooking and Grilling Supplies used in competition.

Kathryn

Comment

This is sooo funny. I was about to post about trying my first brisket flat and you beat me to it!

My flat is 6 1/2 lbs and almost round...

So...

1. smoke until internal is 160
              2. wrap in foil with a bit of low sodium beef broth ( its' choice )
              3. cook until internal is 200

4. rest how long?

thanks crew !
              Last edited by sfbay; October 10, 2015, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Hey sfbay, I have done a few flats that size the same way you are, and I have let them sit in the cooler for at least an hour.

Beautiful day in the Bay Area, huh?

Comment

It was a beautiful day today!

My kids had sports early on and they both had fun.

Family night tonight, then tomorrow is BBQ and football !

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here